Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone have a picture of the 17" Audi Ronals (from TT quattro) on their MkIV ?

Even better if they are on a 2.8 4Motion.

thanks [Y]

[edit] sorry forgot to add a pic of the wheel design

Posted Image

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks to everyone for posting - really helpful and looks like the way forward.

any noticeable change in ride comfort and/or suspension behaviour on the 4Motion by moving upwards to 17's ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
after seeking help from a few forum members and a quick ebay order later, I wanted to share how I've converted the Audi centre caps to (hopefully) ok-looking VW ones.

My wheels are not in perfect condition but the centre caps were in a far worse state.

So, get hold of 4 * Audi part number 8NO 601 165 A, you can use older ones but new, sealed items give the cleanest plastic to work with (old one pictured)

Posted Image

Turn over and prise/push out the metal locating pins for the Audi rings.

Posted Image

Lift up and remove Audi rings

Posted Image

Old piece off, new piece ready to go (recommend minimum 85mm, max 89mm adhesive VW badges, available on eBay etc)

Posted Image

peel off adhesive backing, try not to touch the sticky surface and apply thin amount of strong, waterproof, hot/cold capable adhesive (I used evostik serious glue) - remember you only have a limited time to position the badge

Posted Image

align each sticker to exactly the same reference point, I used the locating hole above the audi ring pattern positioned facing upwards

Posted Image

then push/pad down carefully, remembering light pressure at the start allows fine alignment adjustments

then turn over and fill up holes left by original audi badges to seal from water ingress

Posted Image

then push down firmly with base of hand (even pressure), and ensure any excess glue wiped away from front edges

the result looks like this

Posted Image

then leave overnight to dry properly, I'll post a pic of them on the car tomorrow.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but hopefully people will find it useful. The whole job took me less than 1/2 hour once I'd realised the old audi badges just push out with a flat screwdriver.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.