Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
WTF!!!

Bet it was only 3rd party cover or un-insured or something dodgy and that cost marginally less than a new one...lol

Regardless write-off OR NOT I WOULDN'T get in it let alone drive it...lol

Cheers

C

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Looks like they are no strangers to that sort of chop, look at all the Number plate stickers on the walls and door, prolly used to repairing rally cars in that state [:)]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
that is just plain insanity! Imagine buying/driving that! bet it drives odd, let alone its new crashworthyness! bugger that!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Why the hell would you even bother? I could understand if you where rebuilding it into something better than what it started out as (e.g R32 engine etc).

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Cant understand why they cut the roof of a good shell to use on a bad shell !!! surely it would of been easier to transfer VIN plates than chop shop the roof !!!! very strange!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats what I would have thought

I'd just re-shell the rather than chop the roof off

Maybe the silver Golf had underside/front damage

·
Registered
223 Posts
Speaking of new shells reminds me when I worked at the parts warehouse in the Nissan factory. We used to get complete shells - for insurance jobs and the rally team and they used to get transported to wherever on the back of a lorry.

We had a new starter who we asked to find a plastic bag for a Primera shell (in the warehouse there were hundreds of plastic bag sizes) and then box it up! Poor bloke spent ages sellotaping bags together then trying to build a crate around it [B)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts