Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my GT TDI about a month ago.. It came with MK5 R32 wheels.. Now im not entirely sure if there real or reps. When i took the wheel of there was lots of serial numbers which i presume are the part numbers.. but i couldnt see a VW logo anywhere (Which concerned me slightly).. It has the small plastic Volkswagen inserts which cover the wheel nuts and it has a VW locking wheel nut witth the locking wheel but piece which is extended...

Iv seen a R32 Mk5 up close and they look identical side by side.. so im led to believe there real.. but i know Reps can be good!

If they are real what kind of price do you think they would be worth?.. Iv a friend with a 1.4 MK5 and he's offering me £120 a wheel with my tyres.. and he'll give me his 16" standard 1.4 alloys until i get some other wheels.. but im not sure if they are worth more?

They are in need of a refurb 3 wheels are slightly curbed nothing major, only minor curb rubbing (from previous owner ofcourse..)

What kind of price could i get for them? - Would love to sell and get some X5 wheels.. i just cant get enough of them!

Cheers!

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
Well yours must be reps. If they were genuine they wouldnt fit your mk4 due to the difference in PCD.

As a consequence they wont fit a mk5 golf directly!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yours must be reps. If they were genuine they wouldnt fit your mk4 due to the difference in PCD.

As a consequence they wont fit a mk5 golf directly!
That clears that up! Thanks [:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts