Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem to be having an occasional problem with holding back/hesitation when pushing boost at medium/high speed.

I think it's happening when the engine's good and warm.

33k on the clock.

Been crappy at starting during the uber-cold weather - like a misfire for a split second - I assumed just the cold.
Seems ok at that part now it's warmer.

I need to vag-com it again but last time it happened, there were no faults found.

I need to double-check all hoses and connectors as I did have some bits around the airbox, and the airbox removed a while back, but i'm pretty sure its all ok.

My suspicions;-

1. EGR needs basic settings ~ although done once before, recently

2. Vacuum leak

3. MAF flipped

4. Unlikely but not impossible - turbo / vnt issue.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
ive had a problem where my jetta struggled to fire up at -9/ -10 first thing in the morning. sounds awful (enclosed car park=tractor - at the best of times) does sound like a misfire then after a 2-3 secs fires up and is normal... my battery did die a couple of times in the last month so it could be this but with the weather and xmas havent had 2 minutes to myself to check.

also my car keeps going into limp mode its done it 3 times in the last week.having to pull up on the hard shoulder stuk at 50 in the outside lane is slightly scary! was told it could be the turbo or boost leak or something im not quite sure...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done fuel filter and now MPG massively improved but problem still persists.

Fuel filter dirty. Hope it's not oil from flipped injector seals.

Tandem pump also quoted as a problem potentially.

Going to clamp fuel return line with molegrips and see if that cures it.

If it does, it's fuel pressure.

If not, i'll be hunting for a boost leak.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts