REVO 259.1PS, 299.6Nm

CUSTOM CODE 239.8PS

APR 245PS

MTM 345PS

FORGE 235PS

SUPERCHIPS 241PS, 317Nm

AMD 250PS, 320Nm

OETTINGER 235PS, 340Nm

I've got my GTI on order and have been pondering which software to go for?

I've tried to compile results for both power and torque, but I'm having difficulty finding some of the torque figures.

It would appear that a decent exhaust system with racing cats will produce another 15PS - 20PS and 10 -20Nm as an average.

So far the Revo and AMD software looks the most interesting. The Revo produces a bit more power but less torque. Would the AMD car be quicker due to the improved torque?

If you know any of the missing torque figures or any other manufacturer's that are missing - please let me know.

Matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK found another company, Sportec based in Switzerland. There software produces 240PS and 350Nm.

Strangley there dealer for the UK is AMD???

In the latest Performance VW mag there is a Supersprint advert that states there new new turbo-back exhaust system was tested with the Sportec software and produced an additional 21PS and 24Nm.

That's a total of 261PS and 374Nm - that's a lot of torque.

Matt

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/321611/ShowPost.aspx (Supersprint thread)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don't forget Oettinger

235 BHP I think (although as it's German, probably a conservative estimate, rather than "we saw one once that hit 258 etc")

It's available from some larger dealers I think and is VW warranted - you pay for that privilege of course.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget Oettinger

235 BHP I think (although as it's German, probably a conservative estimate, rather than "we saw one once that hit 258 etc")

It's available from some larger dealers I think and is VW warranted - you pay for that privilege of course.
The Oettinger conversion also develops 340Nm torque!

For fast road use I would image that a higher torque figure would be best?

Matt

·
Registered
310 Posts
Forge also do remaps now, they quote it as 235bhp but a place up in Scotland used this and got 245bhp and 292lb ft out of a otherwise standard Mk5 GTi.  Think that works as 395Nm and 248ps

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just a side note. Forge quote the minimum figure that the car is guarenteed to produce, not the max it has ever made on a given car. The official line is +35bhp. We have seen numerous dyno's now in the UK ranging between 240 and 262bhp but we still wont market it as a 262bhp product.

Also some products in the first list are still vapourwarefor the MKV GTI. Ours (Forge) has been available via OBD for quite some time now.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
You're making a classic error of judgement in believing that each of these different companies' products differ purely by exactly what they decide to claim.

They are all probably very similar if compared on the same rolling road equipment on the same day with the maps running on the same car.

I would urge you to go for reputation and quality of service, plus backup. Price should be secondary. Oettinger and Superchips both have a warranty and both have VW approval of (different) sorts. Revo always have lots of support on this site but took an age to get their product for the FSi-T to market. These companies have the longest track record and least negative feedback IMO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're making a classic error of judgement in believing that each of these different companies' products differ purely by exactly what they decide to claim.
I've been modifying cars now for too long to accept dyno figures as being totally accurate. Although its interesting to see what each company claims. I'm more interested in the relationship between power and torque. How some companies tune the car for more power or torque etc.

I've used Superchips before many years ago, but recently I've not heard good things about them, the same with AMD. I will probably go for either Revo or APR as I like the idea of having some adjustment etc. Plus they both have dealers close to me.

Matt

·
Vendor
231 Posts
Matt, we've not released our software yet. Also alot of the torque figures are probably quoted ftlb not nm's.. 1 ftlb = 1.358 nm

We've had numerous figures from our MKV:

259bhp 299.6ftlb (not nm) on 98ron pre release test map

277bhp 315.3ftlb on 100ron pre release test map

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Kev, when are you going to release the software for the GTI? I have heard about some problems that you had,have you solved them? I have also heard that your software is going to be undidectable from VAG-COM. Is that true?

·
Vendor
231 Posts
We haven't got problems with it!?! We're redesigning our programmers and switches though to be functional with the ME9 ECU, once the new hardware is finished then we'll be releasing the software. It's likely to be end of october though.

With any of our software when in stock mode you can't detect it with VAG COM. In performance mode though all you'd have to do is log requested boost values, or MAF values against engine load and you can see it's not stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MAT7 - You must remember to look at the figures for each of these companies' standard car. From what I remember the REVO car was 213bhp as standard! If your Mk5 (like mine) is producing 'only' 203bhp (using Optimax) then you'll 'only' get 249bhp with REVO (not that that's bad of course!).

Sean

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

They are all probably very similar if compared on the same rolling road equipment on the same day with the maps running on the same car.

I would urge you to go for reputation and quality of service, plus backup. Price should be secondary. Oettinger and Superchips both have a warranty and both have VW approval of (different) sorts. Revo always have lots of support on this site but took an age to get their product for the FSi-T to market. These companies have the longest track record and least negative feedback IMO.
.........what James said.........

"Clink"..........that's the nail being hit on the head.......

Superchips and Oettinger (both of which we've run group buys with at their HQ's) offer warranties on their products.
If your engine goes pop and VW say it's the remap that threw it, who's going to pay for an engine rebuild?
Well, choose a warranty, and it's covered.......

I am slightly biassed towards these two companies, mainly because their of their "no bullcrap" approach to advertising and figures, their professional and friendly approach, their keen prices and last but far from least, their tried and tested remaps.

If you want to talk to them about a map, PM me and you can be talking to the "right person" at either place immediately.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I've always found Superchips to be full of bull and crap. IMHO.
Has someone just hijacked your User ID or is that really posted by you? Just in from the pub? That has to be one of the most crass postings I have read on here. And from a REVO dealer. You know that is sour grapes. VW Racing Cup anyone? IMHO. [:mad:]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hmmm.......I've never seen / heard Superchips disrespect any tuning company - perhaps the above statement speaks volumes about the writer??

I'll be sure to pass on your good wishes to Superchips, whilst i'm at their HQ this afternoon................
Posted Image

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You are both probably right. I am a very naughty boy and will go to bed with no tea! Please pass on my best wishes.

I will remove the post because I shouldn't have posted it here as its a completely unrelated. Apologies.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

The REVO MK5 GTi code will be fully switchable and does NOT involve removal of the ECU and opening the ECU. This is why the REVO product has taken longer to appear. REVO code now available.

I know I would personally not like my ECU taken apart on my brand new MK5 pride and joy?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

The REVO MK5 GTi code will be fully switchable and does NOT involve removal of the ECU and opening the ECU. This is why the REVO product has taken longer to appear. REVO code now available.

I know I would personally not like my ECU taken apart on my brand new MK5 pride and joy?
When is this going to be released??

What annoyed me about Revo's was that when I phoned them up about 11 months ago, after seeing the Mk5 Golf used extensively in their advertising, they (Revo HQ) advised me that they haven't any kind of remap for any model of Mk5 Golf at all, and couldn't tell me when it would be available.

I called RSD, and they had an A3 FSiT at their works, already remapped - this being identical to the Mk5 GTi which wasn't due to be launched in the UK until around February 2005, some 2 months or so later.

As for serial port programming - I know there are some other tuners who will have this available very very shortly.

Did I already say I was due to pop over to Superchips HQ today? oh, sorry - yeah I did.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts