Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All and I'm having a nightmare with my golf. [brick] It 2005 GTi on 05 plate. The OSF light went out and I have checked the bulb to start with and found I'm not getting any voltage to be bulb? So went looking for the fuse and I cannot find anything remotely like a fuse for the car. I have unplugged the other side (NSF) and checked the voltage there and all is okay. The multiway connector that feed into the headline seems to be difficult to get off and I'm not too sure how that comes off i.e. what needs to be pressed or a screwdriver slid down the side of something. Anyway I have searched the forums and found Mk5 fuse layout and it does not mention dip headlamps. I have looked at the engine bay fuse box as well and cannot see anything like a fuse. I'm sure this must be something to do with how they monitor full blown bulbs or something. If anyone has the pin out that the multiway connector plugging into the headlamp assembly there would be great as I can check their once I get the club off! Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did find that post and very helpful it is too. However if it does not mention dipped / full OSF NSF headlight fuses at all! I've just been out again and had another fiddle and all a bit confusing really. I'm sure this must be something to do with the bulb check. It might be removing the voltage if it thinks that the headlight is blown. Anyway thanks very much with the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts