Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW......

Go get your orders in people! Fill your boots !

Glad I choose the Black, as the red is not a bright as you would expect.

Didnt see the cloth as the car had leather (Dont Like Leather)

·
Registered
277 Posts
You lucky so and so! Presumably your local dealer has their demo in?? Did it feel quick? Did it have 18s and if so, were the fronts of the spokes polished and laquered as per santa monicas?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Luckey git!! You've gotta give us more details tho. My dealer has told me I can test drive theirs for a day when they get one - I want to drive it NOW!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My local garage was supposed to get two in today, manual and DSG and I was gutted this morning when they told me they didn't arrive.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Manual car (thank god)

17" alloys not polished

And went like a bat out of hell......

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wish,

What did the 17s look like? I am bit worried on a silver car the polished 18s won't look as good, so thinking of changing to 17s.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh it just pulled and pulled and pulled.

The 17" dont look too bad. But on a black car the 18" polished are going to look the muts nuts.

The biggest let down for me, was the leather, Poor, really poor.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wish,

I agree on a black car the wheels are going to look superb, if you were getting a silver would you get the 18s.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
What dealer was it Wish ? Eurocanterbury.. St.Georges.. Orbital.. ?

EDIT - I say that assuming your still local and ain't travellin' about somewhere !

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I should be having a go in one sometime soon as well [:D]

My salesman who sold me the replacement golf has told me to give him a ring and he will let me take it out.... bit stupid letting a 20yr old out in a 200bhp GTi

Never mind [:D]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Wish what exactly was wrong with the leather? Was it a poor finish or look cheaper than Audi stuff?

Just don't think I could make myself like that cloth...

·
Registered
9 Posts
regardless of what wish has to say , i took a mk5 gti out for a quick ten minuite spin today. im taking it out for a good hour tomorrow.

However first impressions of it compared to my r32......

it looks excelent , even the 17's look good imho and it'll probably handle better on them too, it really suits the red in the flesh but untill i see other colours i'll reserve judgement.

the interior i found was good but not different enough to the normal mk5 interior, the extra silver trim bits are really quite naff and the centre arm rest was really anoying when changing gear, otherwise tho the interior is nice and the leather is better than my r32's is as it seems more supple.

engine wise the sound was a total dissapointment after the r32 with miltek, as was the rev response but i supppose that will free up somewhat with the miles. it does pull well tho , almost as quick as the r32 i would say or at least it will once its freed up.

drive and handling was hard to tell on such a short drive but it did seem equally as planted as my R32 tbh but was a more comfortable ride.

overall i came away slightly dissapointed after the press reports of late, i was expecting to replace the r32 with one of these but after today it looks like the r32 will be staying for now at least.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts