Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guy that are expecting your GTI's shortly had any quotes for Insurnace ?

I never gave it a thought, but the other day i got my renewals through. And called the Insurance co and told them that i had sold the other car and would be replacing it for a Golf GTI (200) as they call it.

Best quote was ?448.38 (About ?50 more than my Boxster 3.2 S What was worth about ?12k more)

Worst Quote was ?776.00 OMG (this was the fist quote i got)

Im happy now with ?448.38 but have so say i was expecting it to be about ?310.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Blimey.. that's bad.. i've not met you, but I think your a coupla years older than me.. and mine this year was only ?450 ! okay, i'm younger and with less power, but even so ! Similar postcode though.. I think [:D]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Similar postcode though.. I think

Errr please. Im not from Planet Thanet.... LOL im in the posh bit you drive through to get on the M2 ;-)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The fact that the car has been praised so highly in the press has probably had something to do with the rise! [:(]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But the Focus RS was pennuts to insure and some people (not me) said they had handeling issues

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have had a quote of ?550 from Adrian Flux, seems to be the best so far. I'm 28 with 7 years no claims and an sp30 fine.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Wish on 05/01/2005 19:06:41

Similar postcode though.. I think

Errr please. Im not from Planet Thanet.... LOL im in the posh bit you drive through to get on the M2 ;-)

LOL.. Herne Bay ? Not where the nova's race up and down the seafront ? [;)][:p] or is the posh bit "Herne" ? [;)][:p]

hehe.. nah I meant a CT postcode ![:D]

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just called VW Insurance 0845 600 8006

My dealer recommened them.

Fully Comp ?900 LOL that is double what ive now been quoted

·
Registered
170 Posts
My insurance company (axa) are charging me 45 quid to change to the GTI - But the policy runs out in just over a month. So that projects to an EXTRA 540 quid a year! I think I better give Adrian Flux a ring come renewal time.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
lucky peeps with such cheap insurance

Me been 20 will be paying around ?600 next year on my 1.6 SE!

Only having one years no claims dosnt help mind [:(]

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been looking at the GTI,

Currently driving a Civic Type-R (and a G40)

The insurance is group 17 the same as the CTR but for some reason it works out cheaper for the GTI with Direct Line. I pay ?700 for the CTR but the would give me a ?70 refund if I got the GTI.

Very tempted. I'm test driving one on Saturday. Still not sure about trading in the CTR though as it's quicker on paper. Not by much though.

I think the Focus RS was group 16??

James.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts