Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant be doing with the smarm at my local dealers, so does anybody have any idea on the current order lead time for GTI's or are they becoming almost ex-stock from the compound ??

[au]

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think theres still a hefty wait on a new one, although there are a few ex demos on sale now for around list price.

If you order a new one now they will be taking orders on the Diesel variant when you take delivery, and then you'll be wondering if you should've waited for it!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I think someone was quoted September delivery on here yesterday when they ordered.  Obviously dealers lie, so make that October.  There are a reasonable number of cars at the dealers, it is just pot luck if you find one that ticks all your boxes.  I personally would not compromise and accept anything that did not meet my specs 100%.  ?23K is a lot to spend on a car, so get it right.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you order a new one now they will be taking orders on the Diesel variant when you take delivery, and then you'll be wondering if you should've waited for it!
ARGH !!!!!! Stop messing my head up [:'(]

I did hear it was september, but also that the better version (derv) wont be out til this time 06.[:O]

·
Registered
782 Posts

I did hear it was september, but also that the better version (derv) wont be out til this time 06.[:O]
Stick with a petrol its a real GTI .....

·
Registered
473 Posts

Stick with a petrol its a real GTI .....
Exactly [:p]

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can buy mine if you like.

Its done 2,500 miles

Metallic Black 3dr (proper GTI)

Xenons

18" Alloys

Metallic Black

Reverse Park Control

Centre Arm Rest

PM if you are interested

·
Registered
829 Posts
Jace,

Is this a Company car or is your own hard earned going into this? I used to deal with a very switched on bloke at a VW garage. Could PM you his details if you like.

Allan

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine is for sale but it is Steel Grey which IMO and after having had a fair few black looks better. It has leather with the heated seats , 6cd, armrest and has been Diamond brite protected nearly 4 months old with 4000 miles I have owned from new and want ?20500 for it which is at least ?1500 than a dealer.

PM if interested

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the offers of your cars guys. but its gotta be a shiney new one, if my plan comes together [:D]

Cant say anymore until next week really [:cool:]

·
Registered
273 Posts
lmao!

hows it going jace, been a while since i been on here..

you getting a mk v now? petrol?

what was wrong with the 150pd machine you have there? or have i missed something while i been away?

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I visited the Reading dealer last Saturday (7/5/05), the sales controller told me there's a 6 month wait now. Plenty of ex-demos around though.

Picking mine up this Saturday, after nearly four month's wait. [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
we have a brand new 3dr gti with

leather

DSG

Xenons

18" monzas

and all the rest bar sat nav at our dealer, PM me if your intrested and ill give you the number to ring[;)]

·
Registered
36 Posts
At last i've had my build date confirmed. I ordered at the end of march and build is scheduled for week 23, with dealer anticipating delivery week 26(end of june start of july).Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts