·
Registered
655 Posts
It will be interested. Let me know when it's done

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i read it on an audi forum awhile ago, not sure if the guy was bull shitting and my friend n i were talkin about it earlier and he seemed to think it was doable aswell, was just wondering if any of you guys with diesel cars has upgraded your injectors not neccesserly to GTI ones, any info on this would be greatly appriciated :)

·
Livin' by the sword
5,171 Posts
Umm... the petrol injectors use a completely different setup to the TDI injectors. There's no way you could make them fit / work at all. On the TDI each injector has a small piston inside which is pressed by a cam lobe to generate high pressure fuel (up to about1900 bar). The petrol injectors run at a much lower pressure and use a single pumped system to provide them with fuel and pressure (about 3 bar as I recall).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in not running anything as of yet, i wanted to upgrade my injectors before haveing a remap, so far im running a green cotton induction kit and a turbo back SS exhaust (its basically just a pipe lol no silencers or cat) the next step is fuel pump and injectors then a stage 2 remap, im aiming for over 200bhp for the final result

·
Livin' by the sword
5,171 Posts
in not running anything as of yet, i wanted to upgrade my injectors before haveing a remap, so far im running a green cotton induction kit and a turbo back SS exhaust (its basically just a pipe lol no silencers or cat) the next step is fuel pump and injectors then a stage 2 remap, im aiming for over 200bhp for the final result
There is no fuel pump upgrade. Each injector has it's own built in fuel pump.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was going to upgrade the main fuel pump mainly becuase mine abit rusted ontop but from readong online the more power you have the more fuel you gona need pumped into the engine, that was my logic behind it

·
Livin' by the sword
5,171 Posts
Have you sourced an upgraded fuel pump? I don't know anywhere that does them.

Also, how do you mean yours is rusted on the top? I've never seen one rust yet. Although the fuel filters have a habit of rusting on the top. The fuel pump (tandem pump) is No. 4 in this pic. So called a tandem pump because it provides fuel to the injectors and vacuum to the vac systems.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahh fair play i thought no9 was the pump my bad lol, i was looking at Prodigy Fuel Pump for her but seeing as ive been an idiot i might aswell save the pennies, still would really like to upgrade the injectors is there a difference from say a 3l tdi audi to the ones in my car?

·
Livin' by the sword
5,171 Posts
The 3.0ltr engine uses a different type of injector, and so does the 2.5ltr. They're not gonna fit in your car.

As far as I'm aware there's no quick fix upgrade for the injectors. Then again, they're not the limiting factor when it comes to power increases. People have run bigger turbos, bigger intercoolers, stronger pipework, bigger maps etc. with the standard injectors with no trouble at all. I'd seriously be looking elsewhere to spend the cash

As said, a decat / exhaust mod and a remap will get you up to 200bhp fairly easily. After that I'd be looking to get the power down better / handling, bigger brakes, or get a stronger clutch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its alread got a upgraded clutch, vented and drilled brakes and im on FK coils, im just looking to get asmuch out of her as i can without having to go down the route of a bigger/hybrid turbo, what sort of intercoolers should i be looking at?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts