Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone found as when driving normally in broad daylight that sometimes when in the auto position on the headlight come on, usually in very bright or intense sunlight

i find they work plenty well at night though, just curious if anyone else has this

the other bit is whilst my car is parked across from my house on our busy main road, i find my alarm will false alarm and go off, usually once or so a night, anyone shine any light on this? or has this themselves

another thing is, a massive thankyou to dsgwagen, i recieved and fitted my R32 rear lights which ill post pictures of soon, so a big thanks for all your help there, iv also decided to send my bumper in to the bodyshop to be de textured and colour coded on monday but leaving the lowest little valance bit black plastic for some contrast, just thought id share that too

cheers

jeff

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Yep!, mine seem to have a mind of there own and come on in bright sunlight too, don't seem to want to turn off again in a hurry either....[:^)]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
soundpack consisting of 10 speakers (which dealer has told me are bose) coupled up to the rcd 500 unit with 6 disk in dash changer is absolutely phenominal for sound mate, iv truely never had a better system, and iv had a good few in the past, it has plenty of highs, mids and bass

it sounds really pure and crisp,

·
Registered
894 Posts
About the alarm I would ask the dealer to lower the sensitivity as it sounds like ' the traffic ' passing close by is rocking the car enough to set if off.

I bet your neighbours love you Jeff if it goes off every night !

Pleased you decided to leave the lower small valance unpainted, much better look imo.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
soundpack consisting of 10 speakers (which dealer has told me are bose)
He is pulling your leg. If they were made by Bose the name would be written large on them and also in the brochure, price list and every available opportunity. The option would be called Bose Soundpack accompanied by lots of technical illustrations showing how fantastic it is. I should know, we have it in our Audi and they do make sure you know.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The auto headlights come on if you go over 140kph (87mph) regardless if its daylight and won't go off again untill your under that speed for about 5 minutes, this is the reason I don't use them on mine. Not sure if thats what maybe happening with yours. The dealer will be able to sort the alarm, vagcom registers what sensor is setting off the alarm each time it goes off, the dealer then just needs to turn the sensitivity down on it or replace it if its faulty.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
the auto headlights are a bloody disaster - as sid above, quick to come on if a leaf falls across the sensor in brilliant sunshine but then don't turn off. Sometimes, mine go on off on off on off in rapid successsion - very dangerous and potentially misleading to other road users IMO. I tend to turn them off now.

With regards to the alarm, could it be the air movement from the vehicles passing you car ? ie that they create enough "turbulence" that the air inside you car moves, causing the interior sensors to be triggered ? Try arming the alarm by pressing the lock button twice in quick sucession to disable the interior sensor and see if this works....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
My lights are like that too. Sometimes they'd go off if u come to a full stop for a couple of minutes.

sometimes they'll just stay on regardless!

and some times, when i think its dark enough for it to trigger, it won't come on!

Wierd.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for everyones help on this, i have tried turning off the interior sensor and the alarm does not go off so must be this eh? it only evey happens when on the busy main road not i the garage or at my girlfriends or anywhere else,

i agree the lights are very over sensitive but its not the 87 mph thing that sets mine off, they come on even just at low speed too, it does always seem to be super intense sun what sets them off as well though, so just wondered if it was supposed to?

yeah im pleased im leaving the lowest bumper part black plastic, i agree it looks best

and for the soundpack, personally i dont care who makes the speakers, but the wholoe setup is defo an option to consider, its got all the sounds all around you, very precise and powerful, i love it

anyone got any opinions on a miltek or other brand exhaust, im not looking for loud, just a nice stainless one for the exhaust tips to look nicer and sound good too, am i right thinking some peoples had problems with miltek?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I've enquired about the full Supersprint system but have had bugger all response on it from dealers and uk distributor so can't be bothered now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep my auto lights have a mind of there own too and once on I didn't think they have ever gone off! Did book it in to the dealer about it but was such a mission to get time that suited I canceled.

My alarm used to do the exact same thing too and I needed the interior sensor replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apparently the auto lights coming on in bright sunlight is yet another of those "characteristics" you love to hate about any car... the sensors measure the difference in light intensity between the sensor in the mirror (supposed to be cars behind if it's dark) and the one at the back of the mirror (supposed to be background); if you're driving AWAY from bright sunlight (when do we see that?) the sensors are fooled into thinking it's dark outside with bright lights in your rear view mirror - hey presto, the lights come on!

Try it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Poxy Things [:mad:]

Mine come on at just over 95, and go off after about 5 mins of leaving the motorway.

If it's a nice sunny day, and I go through a tunnel, ie the Limehouse Link in London, then they stay on, if the sun isn't out but it's still day light, they go off as you'd expect. And I thought the Germans done things properly, well they've fcuk'd this idea right up.

Got in the car yesterday, it was as black as you like out, pi**ing down with rain, No Auto lights on. What a load of Sh*t. And as for those stupid poxy waste of time lazy bas***d auto windscreen wipers, don't even get me started on about those.

·
Registered
118 Posts
haha oh well while we're moaning anybody noticed the new style 'straight' wiper blades ain't as good as the ol MKIV one's? Mine kinda leave a splash back everytime I use em and have to leave them on twice as long to mop up there mess so to speak [:S]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine come on at just over 95, and go off after about 5 mins of leaving the motorway.
They are supposed to do that. It is to warn other traffic that you are travelling quickly.
Yes mate, I know why they come on at sillyospeed, really I was just commenting on that because someone else said they're ones come on at 87mph. So they must all be set for slightly different speeds. I've never noticed mine come on under 95.

Cheers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts