Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guy's starting on the interior next. Ordering GTI pedals ashtray and some colour coding and other bits and got a new stereo to fit. I've had all the engine bay colour coded but need some chrome engine parts to finish that off. Hopefully I'll have it all done for Ultimate in March.

Chris

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So do you guy's think i should do anything else external wise? I was considering the Caractere front grill badged version but without the Caractere badge. I'm not sure if it will look to much though. Surpose i'm after some inspiration [:)]

Caractere front grill

·
Registered
137 Posts
Also, I forgot to ask what your suspension drop is, just springs or springs and shocks or coilovers?

How do you rate them and have they improved the handling and how much harder is the ride?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Gorgeous mate, i'd happily trade my Anni in for something like that! - it's a shame the MK5 interior quality is so poor otherwise I would have been on to it!

The Caractere grille with VW badge looks better out of the two but the Caractere badge would have to go IMO.

Would look nice with a GT front bumper (larger front grilles) and your lower Votex valance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shep i've got 40mm drop on eibach's but i am getting a little rubbing on the rear over speed bumps and with passengers in the car going round corners so I'm going to have to have the tyre's changed from 235/35 19 to 225/35 19 to stop this.

Ride wise it's a lot better than the standard ride feel so much firmer and the handeling feel great.

Chris

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Never owned an ST but had a Civic Type R before the Golf loved the civic but when your doing 18k a year just back and forth to work 250 miles to a tank just dosent do the bank balance any good at all [:(] Have to say though I dont regret changing for my MK5 i love the drive the performance and style [:)]

I'm lowered on Eibach sports btw

Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts