Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys&girls
Thanks for letting me join.i wonder if there is any kind people who could take take a photo of there fuse box, need to check fuse location,
a couple of weeks ago my battery drained and found out it dropped a cell.
i checked the fuses but i think i may of put some fuses in the wrong place,i have no front window wipers,is there a fuse for the wiper in the fusebox on the side of the dash ?
question will it hurt if i add more fuses to the fuse box by the battery so see if i can find the fuse for the front wipers
cheers

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
What you do is download the owners manual from the VW dealers website.. the whole fuse layout including what amp fuse should be used and in what location are in there. if that doesn't work for you just stop at a VW dealer parts-counter and ask if they still have an ownersmanual for your car, 9 out of 10 times they do and in most cases you'll get it for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you do is download the owners manual from the VW dealers website.. the whole fuse layout including what amp fuse should be used and in what location are in there. if that doesn't work for you just stop at a VW dealer parts-counter and ask if they still have an ownersmanual for your car, 9 out of 10 times they do and in most cases you'll get it for free.
I have all the owners manuals for my car in the book the layout of the fuses are different,i took a photo of my daughters fuses on her gt and i could see that i did have a fuse in the wrong place and when i tried that fuse yesterday it never worked BUT looking on this forum i found out the front wipers won't work if you have the bonnet up so thank you forum 🙂

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
I have all the owners manuals for my car in the book the layout of the fuses are different,i took a photo of my daughters fuses on her gt and i could see that i did have a fuse in the wrong place and when i tried that fuse yesterday it never worked BUT looking on this forum i found out the front wipers won't work if you have the bonnet up so thank you forum 🙂
no it's mirrored as the layout is setup for RHD not LHD, but there are numbers to the fuse locations and that is how you find out what fuse is for what ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts