Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mk4 tdi recently with a pd100, I got it very cheap as it had a miss-fire. I guessed it was either the injector loom, buggered injector, or damaged cam. I have replaced the injector loom and checked the injectors, but the engine is still miss-firing, which leaves me to think that the cam is gone. A brand new Bilstein cam will set me back around 130 euro, but I can buy a rebuilt pd130 for around 180 euro. I want to know what the complications are when doing a pd130 swap, what parts need to be changed etc. Is the swap worth it? Or am I better off replacing the cam?

·
Registered
2001 Golf GTTDI
8 Posts
When does the misfire occur? constantly or when cold/hot, under load etc? I had a misfire under mid/heavy engine load which turned out to be severely blocked fuel filter, basics sometimes haha.

If you have access to VCDS / Vagcom diagnostics you can check the injector idle stabilisation values. Located under [01-Engine] > [Measuring Blocks] > Group 013.
The values should all add up to roughly 1.00, if a particular injector is pegged at 2.99 then its beyond ECU compensation and needs replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts