Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

MK4 TDi Estate

26K views 149 replies 53 participants last post by  Seatmann 
#1 ·
Well thought i should start a little thread to show the progress of my car as it evolves! This may be a slow moving thread as its my daily and mot of my money hould be spent on my beloved G40, however i cant seem to help but mod this too!

Started life as a stock estate with a little now on top...

Posted Image

A few weeks later after i came back off holiday i fitted my budget ebay coilovers (rebranded TA Tecnix)

Front fitted (fully wound down to aid fitting - Never did get round to winding them up a little..)

Posted Image

Rears fitted (again never did get round to winding them up a little)

Posted Image

Then fitted my free 4motion splitter when it had the cambelt an service done this through the week, and currently looks like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few little bits to come like smoothed front rub strip, some wheels, decat, stainless exhaust, better intercooler, PD130 nozzles, 150 turbo and manifolds and a remap should do nicely lol. But i must remember im not spend money on it as its just my daily..... hahaha

Iain!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #7 ·
I've not had any issues with the sump yet, but I am used to running really low cars so I know the roads to avoid, an I just have to take care when I go to new places.

Ive only managed to scrap it over a curb and almost get stuck once so far, so all is good! I'm sure I'll have to raise it up a little when I fit mew wheels as they will sit further out, but we will see when the time comes.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Just a quick but little update of what i have done this week, i think it just neaterns the lines up a bit. :)

Before:
Posted Image

During:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Just make the lines look a little cleaner I think. Plus it was free :)

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Quick little update... Wheels :)

Had my wheels powder coated this week, so tyres next week and then adaptors to follow next month!

Sneeky pic of the back and width

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any ideas what they are? I'll post up the fronts tomorrow... Nothing special just a set of wheels i really like! Owned these since December last year bt only just got round to sorting them out lol.... Hopefully the first MK4 to run them, altho i have seen a Mk5 with them on... Little hint at what they might be. Also they are 18x8s :)

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Ok well here are the wheels that are going to be fitted :p

Wheels are not in perfect condition but im not to bothered as its just my daily drive.

Posted Image

This one kind of shows the sparkle in the laquer altoh they do shine well in the sun. Any guesses what they are before i post up the last pic with the centre cap :p

Posted Image

Hope you like them as muchas i do :)

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Yes they are Range Rover 2/ Discovery wheels. Just got the centre caps to paint. Going to order my custom adaptors tomorrow, so should be on the car in just over a week :)

I think they will make the car look so much better when they are on!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Sorry for the slow replies!

The black is just vinyl, easy to do if you have a little time. Mine could be neater but it was the first time i had done it, but it still looks really good.

Also the Dsco wheels are taking a little time due to funds being a little low and buying a set of 18" Adui TT wheels as a temp get around :)

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Sorry for the slow replies!

The black is just vinyl, easy to do if you have a little time. Mine could be neater but it was the first time i had done it, but it still looks really good.

Also the Dsco wheels are taking a little time due to funds being a little low and buying a set of 18" Adui TT wheels as a temp get around :)

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Ok, so progress has been really slow of late on my car, but this was always going to happen as its my daily.

So here are a few current pics to show how its looking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ii have ordered my tyres for the Range Rover wheels and they will arrive tomorrow and are being fitted, so jut got to wait for the adaptors to be made and they will be a week... Want them on for VWFestival so have my fingers crossed :)

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Cheers guys! I think it looks good as it is, an everyone loves my wheels.

An yeah they are Mk1 V6 TT wheels. An may be for sale if I like the range rover ones.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Ranger rover wheels are now on! Looks realy nice...

For those who are going to VWFestival you will all get to see them! The rest of yu will have to wait till next week ;)

Discussion starter · #40 ·
They are 18x8 et57 with 27mm spacers up front and 35mm spacers on the back. They set just perfect with the 215-35 rubber.

I'm so happy they are on an look as good as they do :)

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Ok guys so here are some pics i took tonight of my car on the Landy Wheels! I have to say i was a little unsure before i fitted them, but now i am 110% happy that i have fitted them :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thoughts?

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Thanks guys and I'm not going to be selling them for a longtime. Unless someone offers me silly money for them that is. Haha

Well that will be about the last update for my car this year as it's now time to plough all my spare cash into my G40! :) Altho I'm sure I'll find something to do to it, like smooth the plate recess an paint touch up.

Discussion starter · #62 ·
Yah I'm sure it will become more common. I might have to start making spacers up an selling them :p

I'm on the look out fir my next set for next year now. Once I sell my Audi TT wheels I'll have some spare cash. Then I might sell these if everyone else starts fitting them. I try to be a little different and not follow the crowds :)

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Scud the wheels are silly heavy!! Two of my Audi ones weight the same as one of these!

Wheels stats are: 18x8 et57, 27mm spacers on the front and 35mm spacer on the rears. So front wheels are now et30 and rears et22! Tyres are 215-35-18 and I get no scrubbing at all! Not even on full lock :)

An yeah they will look mint at all estates, I'm not so keen of them on hatches tho, they just don't look right on the back :s

V6mo: I was planning to bora it but I've gone off the idea. Think I'm just going to go for the cleaned front by removing the plate an maybe one or two secret touches to the bumper. But like I said it's my daily. I need my G40 back on the road as I miss it sooo much :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.