Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ignoring the fact it's an accident repaired car, it doesn't look too bad. It's certainly no R32, but it looks quite nice. The choice of beige leather with black armrest is a bit odd though!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Where is the damage he refers too? He says its repaired, does he mean repaired from salvage or that it will have been repaired from his slip road ding??

I do like the beige leather!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ahh, now I see it! How do you hit a slip road barrier on THAT side, was he going backwards! To hit the ne on the right, he must have really gotit wrong! I reckon that has wacked the wheels a bit too!

·
Registered
796 Posts
looked like a well done bit of modding imo

if I was him/her I wouldn't have listed it on ebay until it had been repaired... (and i wouldn't have mentioned it either!)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
That will cost a bomb to fix as well - every panel on that side is damaged [:(]

Considering you'll pay about ?350 just for that sort of damage to one wheel arch, he's in for a hefty bill

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The cars already been repaired hasnt it? Thats my understanding of it. It says that its been repaired at a VAG approved place.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by JMcQueen on 12/01/2005 13:57:51

The cars already been repaired hasnt it? Thats my understanding of it. It says that its been repaired at a VAG approved place.

I don't believe so:

Bad Part About Show Stopper

The car hadn't been involved in any type of accident until yesterday evening when I colided with a dividing barrier on a corner exiting the motorway but it's not as bad as it sounds which you can see from the pictures, mainly cosmetic damage and hasn't been recorded.

Even though it only started life as a non sports model (Granny Golf) the car would have of been worth at least double if it wasn't for the fresh damage that it sustained although this is now being repaired at end of auction so you'll have a fully working drivable car which looks the business.

·
Registered
499 Posts
?1000 for a wing dent repair?!! are you insane!

my mate can repair "small dents" for a tenth of that or less!!

i could have that car fixed for under a grand!!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.