Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all [:I] Am new on this forum, Have decided to sell my Mk3 Gti and get a Mk4, But can't decide whether to go for the 1.8T or 130 Bhp Diesel. Just wondering if someone can answer some questions for me [^]

here we go:

1. All are 1.8 Turbo Golfs '20v'?

2. What sort of mileage do you get from a full tank on a 1.8T? compared to the 130 Brake diesel?

3. What are the differences on the '51' facelift mk4s?

4. Can the scary wood trim be removed easily from the dash?

5. Can you put a stupidly loud dump valve on the 1.8Ts aswell as the turbo diesels too?

6. If you were re-buying a mk4, Is there any specific optional extra type thing you make sure the car had this time round?..

Sorry about the interrogation, cheers :)

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
1. All are 1.8 Turbo Golfs '20v'?

Yes

2. What sort of mileage do you get from a full tank on a 1.8T? compared to the 130 Brake diesel?

I get an average about 360 from a 1.8T. 280 min 400 max

Anyone?

4. Can the scary wood trim be removed easily from the dash?

Yup, there is a guide here somewhere

5. Can you put a stupidly loud dump valve on the 1.8Ts aswell as the turbo diesels too?

Yes but its not a good idea as the engine doesnt use an atmostpheric dump. The air is channeled back into the air intake therefore if that air isnt there the ECU gets confused and the whole thing doesnt work as well as it should

6. If you were re-buying a mk4, Is there any specific optional extra type thing you make sure the car had this time round?..

Never needed to rebuild one yet, anyone?

·
Registered
195 Posts

different cup holders?! lol was it not 2001 when they changed it to drive by wire aswell?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Nothing significant changed on 51 plate; these were some of the spec changes on MKIV:

March 2000 onwards..aircon became standard.

July 2000 onwards..ASR became standard.

May 2001 onwards..Recaros replaced with different style of sports seat.

May 2002 onwards...Climate and ESP became standard.

I think that cars changed from ndbw to dbw in late 99/early 2000. The other things to look for are VVT and the K03S turbo. Someonelse can probably advise when these were introduced but a 51 reg car should have them.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by Russell on 30/01/2005 22:48:00

Changed over to Aero Wipers. FYI I get about 550 Miles out of my 130 before the light comes on.

Jesus! That is amazing, I think im getting me a deisel! [^] Thanks for all the answers. [:D]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I never had higher than 300 miles in my 150 1.8T, but i do mainly short runs and stop-start stuff. Never got higher than 270 in my 180 1.8T... have had as low as 230 though.. ouch.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by Darkus2 on 30/01/2005 21:42:50

Hi Darkus, I cant think of anything really as my car has pretty much everything for a 1999 T reg 1.8T [:p]. look for options such as Auto rain sensing wipers, Self dimming rear view mirror, one touch sunroof, winter pack which includes heated seats (which are Recaro`s [8D]) heated washer jets and headlight washers, mine also has aircon.

Only thing mine doesnt have which you could look out for is traction control, cruise control and Climatronic (auto aircon).

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, thanks for the info. You gotta love the indigo blue mk4s. How rare is it to find one with beige leather?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by Darkus2 on 01/02/2005 18:55:59

Cool, thanks for the info. You gotta love the indigo blue mk4s. How rare is it to find one with beige leather?

No prob`s and I do love the Indigo MK4`s [;)]

As for beige leather indigo MK4 I think you will have your work cut out finding one of them.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
There is a 1.8T indigo MK4 with beige leather on Auto trader now [:p]

Click me [;)]

Looks quite good value if it is what it says it is....

2000 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1.8 T GTi

55000 miles, 3dr hatchback, Turbo,150bhp, FVWSH, metallic blue, full beige leather Recaro, ABS, CD, PAS, MOT, AC, PAS, full elec, Excellent Condition. ?7,595

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine is indigo blue with beige leather, i flew to the other end of the country to get it so they aint that easy to find!!

Depends what you want really, I found one with everything i wanted and low mileage which is why i went as far as i did.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That golf is beeeeeaaauuuttiful. Have emailed him to see where he is :)

Cheers dude!

Anyone got any big pics of a indigo mk4 with beige leather?

·
Registered
993 Posts
isn't that the expected combo? I know with my Corrado VR - which is moonlight blue, came with beige leather

my Indigo Blue mk4 however has black leather recaros - so i'd have thought that is a rarer combo

just my 2p

·
Registered
993 Posts
there's one on Autotrader now - Indigo blue, Beige Recaro's - FVAGSH and 64k on the clock.

on a 2001 - Y reg

It had AC and not climate control - so I passed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts