Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gave the motor a spring clean before it go's to star to get front and rear eibach arb's fitted, got some stuff from Alex @ Serious performance, clearkote moose, clearkote rubber restorer, mystique car wash, harly wax, great service & prices .1st attempt at this, used a halfrauds 240v polisher...not the best but will do for now. should have bought a p/c though would have got a better finish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Looks nice Keith. Will be interesting to see how much difference the ARB's make. Have you decided how much you want to lower it if indeed you decide to?

Just realised your plate matches your initials as well! Can't believe I never noticed when I was down at Star! Lol

A bootlid spoiler would look the biz too if you have anything left over from the suspension mods [y]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Looks lovely mate [H]

Dont 1.8t's already have front arbs? if so why you changing it, is it so you can go really low???

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they do, but there is a diff in the size, OE is 23mm whereas the Eibach is 25mm.and boy do you notice a difference, handling is 100 times better.its even more of a joy to drive.I have this very tight and twisty toad out my way took the car down yesterday and was all over the place, today it felt much smoother and more precise, to which i walloped a pheasant who thought it a good idea to stand mid corner while someone was testing their new toy.

heres some pics best i could get in my drive, also got the dog bone done also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took the camera again incase there were any good motors but it was quiet, but star's audi was there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Looks good mate. Surprised that not many people have commented on your lovely motor.

Think I might well look in to suspension upgrades next as well. Are you going to drop the ride height a little?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Car looks good mate, bet you're pleased with the difference the arb's make.

As far as I'm aware the RS4 is a customer's car and not Star's own, it does have about 560bhp though!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Some nice looking and sensible mods mods there mate. I take it its going to get slam dunked next ??

The front and rear ARB's sound an excellent addition, I might start pursuading the wife that ours are 'on the way out' and need replacing !!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i should have got the arb's earlier, absolute brilliant!, the dog bone gets rid of the jumpyness when taking of with the foot to the floor also.Jim didn't see the need to lower the car.

p.s as i had the subframe down i replaced the bushes there also, front rear i believe, save paying for labour to drop it again in the future.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Standard or uprated bushes mate?
uprated - powerflex, only another ?15.

the car has changed dramaticaly, i have been taking the bike recently with the good weather but returned to the car as its great, searching out the wee twisties.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
So how much all in mate? It would be interesting to see the difference.

I would like to add uprated springs and shockers to mine as well as the ARB's, but I am trying my hardest to resist the temptation!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Standard or uprated bushes mate?
uprated - powerflex, only another ?15.

the car has changed dramaticaly, i have been taking the bike recently with the good weather but returned to the car as its great, searching out the wee twisties.
changed dramatically on standard suspension?....i'm in the same situation, and wondering weather the ARBS are worth it. most just say get the rear. i'm already running S3 upper and lower front strut braces.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Just get the rear, unless you are having clearance problems at the front. Full front/rear sets tend to have a pretty hefty bar at the front, so it won't be as neutral as just putting on a rear. You'll be amazed at the difference, it really is worth it, I did mine a couple of weeks ago and still haven't stopped grinning - and I thought it was already good with coilovers.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
?420 Eibach front and rear bars, dog bone mount, powerflex front bushes. time on the wheel alignment machine plus labour(drop the front section etc).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
after reading vw driver, i opted for both, got the same as them too.

i am on stnd springs and shocks, and you def notice a diff, cornering is far better now.if you had a quick left then right corners in succession i found the car to get badly out of shape, but now it seems to hold the line better, if that makes sense.vw driver make it sound better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts