Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help guys before i spend a fortune i probably don't need to. My car has been sat for the last 3 months at a friends who was supposed to be regularly starting it up and hasn't been. I went to pick it up last night and it was completely dead! I got it started with jump leads and drove it 30 miles home and when i got back i switched it off and tried to start it again and it was dead.

Also on the journey home, every time i indicated or tried to use the electric windows, the lights dimmed or the stereo went off.

Do you think i just need the battery charging or need a new one altogether?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I would charge it overnight then put it in and see what happens over the next few days. If its still giving problems then just change it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Just get a new battery! My friend has this problem as he sorned one of his cars and now has to have the battery charged everytime he wants to use it, it's just easier if you want to use it on a regular basis to get a new battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a new battery from the AA and only had to pay £25 excess. So glad i took the breakdown cover out last week! All fitted for me too so i didn't even get my hands dirty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts