Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,today I have just purchased this 2004 vr6 4motion 3 door,I bought it from a farming friend of mine who hasn’t run it since 2015….the engine is a runner and the paintwork appears to be in good fettle beneath the green stuff!!!!all the arches are great showing no signs of rust at all,the car is completely original except having a alpine head unit,mileage is just turned 96k,immaculate cloth interior….I’m in two minds to sell it as it is or get it on the road…I’ve not seen another 3door on eBay ect and was wondering if there becoming hard to find?thank you Ryan
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

· Registered
11,653 Posts
it's a car without an mot, stood for a while, it's worth scrap money. Regardless if it's a rare find. It means all the suspension rubbers need to be replaced, most rubber hoses and pipes are cracked and the list goes on. Imho put it through an MOT and just maybe you'll get a decent price for it, but most likely you'll loose money. as for one it's higher in maintenance costs, and higher in monthly costs due to it being in a higher insurance band and the tax on it is higher. That is without taking into account that it soon needs the timing chains, chain guides, tensioners and clutch replaced. That is without the services needed... so do you see where this is going? scrap value only at this point especially with it being covered in that green mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts