Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All.

I have 1998 Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T AGU which has the basis non mfa display instrument cluster.

Can i fit Part 1J5920925C from a Bora Highline and have them re-coded to my ECU-they are from an automatic car-does this matter?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, in theory my original clocks and Bora ones are Imm2 so should swap ok.

I'm being told that the Bora ones do display gear selected on the display if fitted to an auto car but cannot find any info to confirm this.

Does anyone no if this is true-are Automatic clocks different on the pre 2001 Mk4?

·
Meth addict
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if the dash clocks in an automatic sport Bora shows what gear you are in on the computer display?
Can anyone else confirm that the clocks in manual and auto cars are the same and that the info shown on the display is controlled by the ecu?
Thanks to all for the help so far, really appreciated.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Can anyone else confirm that the clocks in manual and auto cars are the same and that the info shown on the display is controlled by the ecu?
Thanks to all for the help so far, really appreciated.
Dan on the above post has answered your question,

The Clocks Automatc are the same as Manual but they are coded differently on the Automatic,The info displayd on the LCD its controlled by the ECU

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

Sorry for bumping this thread. I have a similar situation.My car is a 2001 mk4 golf 1.6 automatic. I recently swapped my faulty 1j0920825a instrument cluster (immo2) with 1j0920825ax which I found from eBay.Everything seems to work except for the part on the lcd screen that shows the gears.I do not see it anymore. Is there anyway that I can recode it? I have both vagcom and vagtacho. Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.