parkers it says that the gt tdi was produced in 2001 with the direct
injection system with a gti tdi been produced between 99-2001 being
only and injection. could somebody tell me which model this car will
be?? and is this model a pd?

thanks allot

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
As far as I know the earlier GT TDi's were 110bhp non PD engines, like mine on a 1999. These were then replaced somewhere around 2000/2001 with the PD engines available in 115, 130 and 150bhp.

If the one you are looking at is a 115bhp I am 99% sure it will be a PD engine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a GTTDI 115 with 6 speed box - this is a PD engine and the code is AJM which is probably the easiest thing to check.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The engine code (found on a sticker under the boot carpet) for the PD gt-tdi's are AJM & ASZ and the non-PD engine code is AHF.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot ill be sure to check that out, does anyone know when the direct injection came out on the 115?? thnaks

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I think 'direct injecion' is the wrong thing you're talking about. The DI on all vw TDI models stands for Direct Injection, i.e Turbo Direct Injection - TDI. They have been in VW's fo ages, MkIII's had it. So I guess that DI came in on the 115 around 97-98, when they released the MkIV's.

The thing I think you're asking about is the PD (Pumpe Deuse) system which further improved the diesel engine by creating huge pressures = better combustion etc. This came in from X(2000) reg onwards. (he model was called 1.9 TDI PD) Although I think there must've been some overlap.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I think 'direct injecion' is the wrong thing you're talking about. The DI on all vw TDI models stands for Direct Injection, i.e Turbo Direct Injection - TDI. They have been in VW's fo ages, MkIII's had it. So I guess that DI came in on the 115 around 97-98, when they released the MkIV's.

The thing I think you're asking about is the PD (Pumpe Deuse) system which further improved the diesel engine by creating huge pressures = better combustion etc. This came in from X(2000) reg onwards. (he model was called 1.9 TDI PD) Although I think there must've been some overlap.
Sure I've seen a W reg PD115!

As for TDIs, they came out in the MK3 model as the 90bhp model back in 96 is it? and the TDI engine was in the Audi 80 I believe?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the input chaps, looks like im goin to hold out for a newer one just to ensure i get the gt tdi pd

·
Registered
874 Posts
To ensure you get the PD all you need to do is check the build sticker in the boot. If it's in GT spec then 85kW (115bhp) and 96kW(130bhp) are PD's, if it says 81kW then it's the 110bhp which isn't a PD.

Also, if it's got a 6-speed box it's a PD- no non-PD has ever been offered with a 6-speed box.

(Early 115PD's had the option of a 5spd box but I wouldn't bother buying one of those)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts