Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps,

My MK4 Estate currently has the horrible grey flannel cloth cards and seats.

I've been trying to find a set of door cards with the black/grey cloth, but finding it pretty tricky, especially with the rear doors.

So it got me thinking whether I'm better off finding the fabric and doing a swap.

Something like this..
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

..or this...
Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Automotive tire

Does anyone know if this is doable, and what the black cloth fabric is called/where I might find some?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
you'll need to search google for this phrase: VW golf mk4 OEM seat upholstery... you'll find loads of options to the right fabric. in your case the bolster upholstery is the same as the doorcards, but from what i gather you want the middle fabri of the seat.. so just look for that. and for all the doorcards you'll want to buy at least 3 meters ( so you got enough to cut and make a mistake or 2)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you'll need to search google for this phrase: VW golf mk4 OEM seat upholstery... you'll find loads of options to the right fabric. in your case the bolster upholstery is the same as the doorcards, but from what i gather you want the middle fabri of the seat.. so just look for that. and for all the doorcards you'll want to buy at least 3 meters ( so you got enough to cut and make a mistake or 2)
Thanks man, I'll check out what is out there.
I've seen a couple of youtube vids, so may give a custom trim a go, if I can't find a decent OEM option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts