Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of angel eyes, the Depo ones.

On the passenger headlight, the rings dont work due to the bulbs are all blown!!

Does anyone know what these bulbs are? I have never seen them in my life!! They are very small, and there are about 5 or 6 on the large rings and 4 or 5 on the smaller rings.

Thanks

Mak

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
ive got the same headlights, ive never seen the bulbs before in my whole life! the only person that i can think would know would imagewerx (chris) with the yellow mk4...hes spot on with electics! [:)]

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
il wait till tomorrow, if he doesnt post on here, i will PM him

Dont you think taking the bulbs out of their position is a bum!!! Putting them back is hell lol

Its taken me 1hour to remove 5 of the 6 bulbs in the larg ring and put the holders back!!

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
The old Depos I'm rebuilding have 4 X 501s like this with the tip painted out to stop bright spots......

Posted Image

These ones are just a not-too-tight push fit,pull out and push back in again.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my ones are much smaller than standard 501s

i tried gettin a picture, but they come out fuzzy....

Chris - what i find hard is taking the holders at the corners out hard, but putting them back is even harder!!! They are like jammed in the corners!!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
my depo angels that were on my A4 had 4 Leds per ring. had to re solder new white ones in to get rid of the old skool yellow light that lit them. this was 3 or 4 years ago, so may well me different now.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my depo angels that were on my A4 had 4 Leds per ring. had to re solder new white ones in to get rid of the old skool yellow light that lit them. this was 3 or 4 years ago, so may well me different now.
Yeah they probably have changed...because these ones have 4 in the smaller rings and 6 in the bigger rings...I heard putting LED bulbs in them leave spots of white light yet light up the whole thing.

I was opting to get these though:

function item() { [native code]...em&item=150500224544&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

nice 8000k rings with a 6000k HID kit [y] [drool]

·
Registered
451 Posts
im after some projector lights too with CCFL in there not many about, already got CCFL in original headlights with joey mod but think projector with CCFL would look much better like the picture in the above link.^

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
If you've got front foglights and want to get rid of them,you can use the foglight wire and either use it as it is on the foglight setting(but will go off when you go to main beam) or cut the wire at the back of the headlight switch and put a new one in.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts