Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently installed a new door lock module on rear passenger door.
I need to press the open button twice for the door to unlock.
This was a bit annoying to my kids so I have disassembled the door to check for any obstructions.
But even with nothing in the way it still takes 2 presses - video.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @adam- , in module 46 Central Convenience, group 9 & 10 respond correctly when I press the button.

Interesting, when I press unlock / lock button on the the driver's door, I only need to press it once.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
that isn't done via the keyfob but directly commands the CCM to send the lock/ unlock signal to all doors. It's a safety feature. Keyfob needs to be coded with vcds (or any other program that can do this) to be set to unlock all doors at the first press. I noticed that when you remove the drivers doorlock module certain CCM's will default back to double press to open all doors. Not all of them do it though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this VCDS recoding, but it is for MK 5.

For me, in 46-Central Convenience, my setting was 259 (258 for 4 doors/4 power windows and +1 for selective door locking inactive).
So I changed this to 258, saved it. Turned off VCDS. Retested - now only the driver door unlocks with one press.

Restarted VCDS, reverted to 259 and back to needing 2 pushes for the left rear door to unlock.

Personal computer Computer Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Selective Unlocking:
[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Recode - 07]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]
Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have selective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an even number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.
So, if you have a 2-door 2002 GTI that is coded for selective unlocking (00064) add one to make it 00065 so that all doors unlock with one press of the unlock button.

The above works on the Golf / Jetta / Bora / Passat etc so should work for the Polo.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate.
I have a Bora with 4 doors and 4 power windows, so it is 258
then +1 for selective door locking inactive
= 00259

that's what I have done and no luck

hopefully will have a chance tomorrow to try an old door lock module on that door

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@northpole, no it was on 259

problem solved, the new door lock module is faulty

I connected the old one, video
it locks after one press and unlocks after one press

if you watch carefully when unlocking, there is a slight hesitation just before the unlocking happens

guess I need to order a new one.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
oke than if that is the case than leave that might just solve it... the reason why i said it might have work on 257 was because it already worked with 258 so the new value might be to high and out of spec... but if the old one works with that value than the new one must be faulty.. or didn't take the reprogramming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts