Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so i swapped a cluster into my car, and activated needle sweep using Dash dump edit, it worked perfectly. I do have the original file from the cluster, but after i uploaded the needle sweep one, my country code ofc. got changed to EU. Does anyone know if there is any way to change this back now? Using VCDS doesnt work (even full version with coding) i figured there may be a way to change the country code using a hex editor or so?
Regards. Mikkel

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Not sure about changing back if it's not working with VCDS, that's the only route I know of.

Alternatively, you could just take the old file and manually add needle sweep with a hex editor, that would retain your original country code. See here: Graeme's Webspace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for replying!
I thought of doing this, but my address doesnt match the one he has written on his guide. It is the correct ROM ID and i went through the guide step by step ( ofc. with the correct data for the specified cluster ), but i cant seem to find the correct address. Thats why i was hoping there would be an easier route to change the country code back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts