Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just bought a 52 plate 1 owner mk4 gt tdi which was originally imported from holland, it is quite high spec including cruise, autodim, rain sensor wipers and climatronic. This is the 2nd mk4 I've owned the 1st being a high spec 4motion. Can anyone clear these 2 issues up.

I have used the search with limited success so was wondering if someone could give me some quick answers.

1. The GT TDI has no interior motion sensor button on the drivers side door pillar. This is good as it means I can lock my kid in the car without activating the alarm but my concern is will the alarm go off if someone tries to break into the car. The interior lights front and rear do not appear to have motion sensors in them. Did VW spec any cars not to have alarms?

2. On all mk4's I've seen 1 click on the fob opens 1 door and 2 all doors. Mine does 1 click and opens all 4 doors. Is it a vagcom job to re-enanble the anti hijack or does it sound like my car no courtesy control module that controls things like anti highjack and inteior motion.

Thanks in advance

Richard

·
uk-mkivs
1,572 Posts
Not all Golfs have motion sensors with the OEM alarm, if it does have an alarm it will go off if someone opens a door/bonnet/boot though.

Motion sensors can be retro fitted though if you are up for a bit of DIY.

Vagcom can be used to change the number of doors opening off the remote & anti hijack.

Check the Vagcom users thread for someone local to you, someone will be able to sort you out for a few beer tokens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts