Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of sounding stupid, but its always puzzled me, why is the MK4 cabriolet just a MK3 with a MK4 front end? Did VW just get lazy? Its a really horrible mess, smooth MK4 front end with an MK3 angular rear, Mk3 Dash with Mk4 bits. [B)]

Sorry if this offends any cabriolet owners, but I saw one close up today and just had to understand why this thing ever exsisted!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Its just something VW have been doing for years, they did the same thing with the Mk1 cab, they never released the Mk2 as a cab so just kept producing the Mk1 cab up untill the release of the Mk3. Its all cost cutting!

·
Registered
487 Posts
yea i was gonna ask the same question but didnt have the 'lower gut region' ;)

is there actualli on here with a cabriolet or even a golf estate??

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
there used to be someone on here with a very nice mkiv cab.

dark blue,18" and a full S3 engine conversion done by JBS.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The mk4 cab is a nice car if you want to get your mk3 looking like a mk4 and have a wrecked cabriolet as a donor!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Quote: posted by darthmal86 on 09/02/2005 01:13:28

yea i was gonna ask the same question but didnt have the 'lower gut region' ;)

is there actualli on here with a cabriolet or even a golf estate??

[:eek:)]I've got the estate, only because I got fed up with the dog chewing the leather in my V6 though!

Hmmm, the wife used to have a mk3 cabrio too, nice looking car but gutless and not too stable either [:O]

·
Registered
685 Posts
Heeeyyy!!! My sister has a mk4 cab! Yeah it does have some traces of the mk3 interior which isnt a bad thing, but in the summer nothing beats it! Pimpin style G-Ride plus my sis does have some antera rims & remus exhaust!

I admit i do like to borrow it in summer!

YOGi

·
Registered
961 Posts
Quote: posted by MikeP on 09/02/2005 21:24:17

Quote: posted by CHR15 on 09/02/2005 11:42:50

in what way scary ianhq?

three words... open, top, fast!

because it had 300bhp and front wheel drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys speaking of mk3.5 cabriolets, mine is an S REG with a mk4 front end with the old 2.0 8v engine and im looking to do a conversion to a VR6 2.8 lump, does anyone know of anyone with a project log of this or advice? Many thanks [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts