Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was looking at changing the badge on my grill for a gloss black vw with hollow backgroud but only ones i can find are mk 6 or 7. Will these fit on my mk4? Or does anyone know some good websites for the badges?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Literally hundreds.
[/QUOTE]
Don't know how reliable etsy is and, as i said. euro shop is all for mark 6s or polo's/jettas hence why I asked if they will fit my model. Cheers

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
you know a simple removal and a quick sand down, 2 rattle cans - 1 primer - 1 in gloss black and you got the originals in gloss black so no fitment headaches and no need to buy anything else... if you want to be fancy you can add some lacquer on top of it but imho there is absolutely no need for it. It does give it more protection though... and i have done this before long lasting without the use of primer and lacquer.

It all depends on how quick you want it done....and if you got the stuff laying about as the end result will be exactly the same... the rear one is a bit harder to put back but it can be put back with 3M double sided car tape... just cut as needed.

or you spend money buying replacements...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you know a simple removal and a quick sand down, 2 rattle cans - 1 primer - 1 in gloss black and you got the originals in gloss black so no fitment headaches and no need to buy anything else... if you want to be fancy you can add some lacquer on top of it but imho there is absolutely no need for it. It does give it more protection though... and i have done this before long lasting without the use of primer and lacquer.

It all depends on how quick you want it done....and if you got the stuff laying about as the end result will be exactly the same... the rear one is a bit harder to put back but it can be put back with 3M double sided car tape... just cut as needed.

or you spend money buying replacements...
Yeah this is what I ended up doing as I found some spray cans in the cupboard and had some double sided tape laying around so just made sense really. Thank you for the idea bud 👍🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts