Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

headgasket has been done last week and initially thought the steam from the engine was just unburnt oil on the engine. drove it to be mot'd today and back, no overheating problems but still alot of steam coming from the oil cap. took the cap off and it sounds like the oil is bubbling. ive got a vid which i can post if needs be. theres oil dripping from the oil cap because of this...... head was skimmed, pressure tested etc before being fitted so HG shouldnt be the problem. just seems like a breather problem.

need to know where where the breather pipes are for this engine and other possible causes?

many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
took off the breather pipe that goes to the air filter today and cleaned it all up, also cleaned TB while i was at it. less smoke coming from the oil cap now and no oil dripping from it but when removing the cap there is lots of smoke and a gargling sound,bubbling sound like a brook [:cool:]

video of the sound

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey iv got a 1.6 and i fitted a cheap induction kit to it.

Any way the kit came with a piece of tubing for linking the oil breather to the part on the induction kit pipe. That bit of pipe was about 30cm too short, so i went to halfrauds and got a bit of pipe roughly the same size, (it was slightly bigger)

i noticed a few days later a gargling noise. After a quick look under the bonnet i noticed that if i wiggled or moved the tubing/pipe the gargling noise gets worse.

could this be because didnt trim down the oil breather pipe short enough or is it something more serious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I will also upload a vid tomorrow to explain what i mean abit better,

many thanks
Apple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts