Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys saw this on channel fuve tonight you would have seen this get a very good review (well why wouldn't it?) esp the DSG gearbox. Was nice seeing it put through its paces. Anyone else get to see it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad to see Jason Plato driving the car and not just watching Tiff trying to get it sideways :)

was a good review, although I think more time was spent on the DSG box than the car itself. You'd think the DSG had only just come out lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
think i get the DSG on a A3 3.2 or wait will the new R GOLF COMES Quote: posted by Medic on 22/11/2004 21:05:09

I think I am close to ordering a DSG + MkV GTi methinks...just a few more weeks of saving up and hard labour!

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
Yeh, I saw it, good review but needed more time - didnt go into much detail other than the DSG

·
Registered
643 Posts
I agree - wasn't long enough - still, nice to see it in the flesh though [:D]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
a lott of tt owners are having a lot of problems with the dsg and are not very happy know at least one owner who made audi replase his tt dsg for a new manual one as he had so much truble and at least another 4 who have had new dsg boxes but are still having problems

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i didn't see the programme, but for those that did, did the car have DSG with the paddles for gear changes [?].

I know a few members are umming and arring about this option, so it could have been useful for info/research.

·
Registered
432 Posts
yes it did have paddles and Jason stated why could ferrari etc not have gearboxes like this.he dropped it down to 2nd and then floored it through to 3rd and the change did sound very nice and also very quick.also stated the 0-60 offical times for the DSG are quicker than that of the manual.

craig

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Yes the DSG did have padles to change gear.

Very nice sounding engine. I will probably get one in a years time when they have ironed out most of the build problem - std features like plastic window clips - leaking rear washers - dropping doors - weak DVs - flaky coilpacks - iffy MAFs etc .... etc .... etc.

Oh and it would need a full bodykit.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 23/11/2004 09:04:51

i didn't see the programme, but for those that did, did the car have DSG with the paddles for gear changes [?].

I know a few members are umming and arring about this option, so it could have been useful for info/research.

You have to pay extra for the paddle change on the steering wheel though - an extra ?515 on top of the ?1350 for the dsg Box but you do get the MFSW and cruise included!

Not sure if the DSG box is worth ?1865

J.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am sure the DSG is a very impressive bit of kit and I also have a BMW 330i touring with the steptronic box, so I do like autos (with a big capacity 6)[^]

However I do wonder if the new GTi is becoming a bit "bonfire of the vanities") by the time you add sat nav, leather, and dsg you have a 25K plus car, which is not in the spirit of the original GTi.[:(]

I have deliberately specced mine as basic as I can live with, 5 doors, sunroof, metallic paint and 5 doors and a centre arm rest for those long runs!

I want to try and capture the spirit of the orginal cars that I loved so much 20 years ago, and that is a revvy engine, sharp chassis and a focussed driver expereince at less than 20K!

·
Registered
176 Posts
imo i wouldnt bother with the DSG if i didnt

have the steering wheel paddles, but ime not

sure if its worth the ?1800+ extra.

Best wait to get a second hand one in a couple of

years i reckon, probably be only a grand dearer if that.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The link doesn't work mate... One thing it might be is the ... in between k and w? I just tried it with kw and it still didn't work though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Link worked for me [^]. Just clicked on it and Windows media player opened it after a while.

Thanks for posting the clip - Wonder how much they would give me for my GT TDi - The DSG box looks interesting also,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts