Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning People..

I Have just bought a 03 GT TDI 150 and am abit bored with the interior, i wud like to make some mods like MFD sat nav, alu trim to replace the walnut trim and maybe change the dials. Would you be so kind as to post pics of similar interiors or in fact any interiors so i can get some ideas.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you need to buy the centre console cage to fit the R32 aluminium trim or does it fit to the standard cage once the black trim has been removed ?

Kev

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From reading what people have said on the forums, if you have the black trim then you need to buy a new console cage but with mine being the walnut trim then appparentley it can just be pulled off and replaced.BTW Cluke, yours is exactly what i want. How much roughly have you spent on matts and trim etc?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
BTW Cluke, yours is exactly what i want. How much roughly have you spent on matts and trim etc?
Thanks in advance
The mats were £60, the aluminium trim together with the R Line gear knob was somewhere in the region of £200. The R steering wheel was about the same price. Mine is '99 model with the old style cup holder so I had to buy the new version drinks holder which cost £30 ish so I could fit the new trim to it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
or, if you fancy something a little less common than you're average R32 wannabe.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

have them resprayed in the colour of your car, for me - BLACK MAGIC PEARL!!

[:)]

jammy

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
or, if you fancy something a little less common than you're average R32 wannabe.....
says he of the FIBREGLASS R32 front bumper [:p]

my word, look how clean Cluke's interior is!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think i wud prefer to be a r32 wannabe.... that just looks cheap mate.
Its not about looking like an r32, for me its about brightening up my interior.

Thanks for the pics though

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
that just looks cheap mate.
thanks for being so honest, c*ck!

and for me it was "get rid of the god awful trim that is walnut, stuff spending £££'s on R32 trim and make it more original. hence why i used the same colour as my car, also i'm not the only one who's done it, so you sayin they're all cheap too? mine was done at a bodyshop, with LC9Z.

and Pat, my front bumper is an R-Line one actually, as it has clear outer grilles! [;)][:p]

HEHE!

jammy

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Lol @ Jammy. Im not a fan of the R32 trim either and definatly not for the price.

I did this to mine, sticky back carbon fibre vinyl. £10 for a metre squared sheet off ebay. Heres a few snaps. Suits my car well as the trim now matches the Bora sport seats. Pain in the arse to do...but with my skill its very possible with no bubbles [:p]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
nice bet that took some time and alot of swearing.
Bit tricky, was hard doing the ash tray lid and the heater panel piece just due to the odd shape of them, had to use a heat gun on slight blow to mold the vinyl around it. Also you have to lay the vinyl down first go, otherwise if you tear it back up it sends the effect weird (stretched and looks all wavey) Sometimes i wish i have pairs of hands

Took about 3 hours to do the lot including all door handles...Saved me lots and is exactly the effect i wanted.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
im not a big fan on either of the pics! i think the interior is lovely standard! but every1 has different tastes!

so its good to differ i guess! although sum people can make there cars look bollocks! i have seen two on this site(not mentioning names) there mk4's are CRAP

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just to add another pic to the 'paint or not paint' debate. Centre console trim is sprayed matt black. No pics of the rest of the interior but its finished with a beetle sport gear knob, tt pedals and standard black handles (the matt black wears quickly on parts that are touched regularly)

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
lovin' it! and borrowed from another thread on trims.....

Posted Image

from PAT and it is sprayed Rover shade LBM161 Charcoal with a couple of coats of lacquer on top.

just a shame mine is so cheap looking [:'(]

nice!

jammy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just a shame mine is so cheap looking [:'(]

nice!

jammy
Ahh come on, i feel really bad for saying that your interior looks cheap. What i shoudl of said was that it doesnt look like the real thing. Wrong choice of words so please accept my apologise!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think i wud prefer to be a r32 wannabe.... that just looks cheap mate.

Thanks for the pics though
Got to disagree there, Jammy B's interior is brilliant. Looks a very professional finish.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just to add another pic to the 'paint or not paint' debate. Centre console trim is sprayed matt black. No pics of the rest of the interior but its finished with a beetle sport gear knob, tt pedals and standard black handles (the matt black wears quickly on parts that are touched regularly)

Posted Image
Thats the winner for me! Looks fantastic I think. Id have to buy the whole lot including cage if I wanted to do that to mine :( Not helped by the fact that whoever had my car before me decided to scrape most of the black coating away.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts