Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago I dropped off my A-pillar trim that I blended in twin pod gauge
holder into. I had MJ Interiors retrim the
piece in factory grey cloth. The match
is perfect to the roof lining. The detail is unbelievable.

Any comments good or bad ....

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting for my guages to arrive. Hoping to get them in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's a picture of the A pillar back in the car. The guage currently fitted is the AutoMeter Ultralite 30 psi Boost. This will be replaced for a more OEM looking guages. Watch this space. Car needs a good clean [:$]

Comments good or bad. Thank you to all that have left comments. Nice to have feedback

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, fitted my new blue lid guages. Not really happy with them quality wise. Don't come close to the quality of the Auto Meter Ultralite guage I have. Pictures aren't great, but you get the idea

Comments good or bad

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hi Ray, The pods looking good and the angle looks spot on!, but sorry to hear you're not happy with the gauges ( I won't say I told you to get the Stewart Warner MP ones [:p]), the colour match looks good though?

I'll give you a ring this week sometime[:D]

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
They look pretty good and seem to match the dash dials better by your pics.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
A month or so ago I dropped off my A-pillar trim that I blended in twin pod gauge holder into. I had MJ Interiors retrim the piece in factory grey cloth. The match is perfect to the roof lining. The detail is unbelievable.

Any comments good or bad ....
can you write up a how to on this please as i really like yours a lot and would really like to give it a go myself. what dials have you got? they look spot on, where did you get them?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Ray, The pods looking good and the angle looks spot on!, but sorry to hear you're not happy with the gauges ( I won't say I told you to get the Stewart Warner MP ones [:p]), the colour match looks good though?

I'll give you a ring this week sometime[:D]
i was looking at the Stewart Warner guages but couldnt see any that looked OEM can you post a link up please?

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
aRd: Mind if I ask how much it cost you to have your a-pillar retrimmed? I am currently reviewing how to get my gauges into my car, and this could be a possibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts