·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.8 T AGU - ran VAG-COM following was reported:

1 Fault Found:
00561 - Mixture Adaptation
14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

Any ideas? I have recently been using a combination of 95 RON unleaded and also super unleaded 98-99....would this apply? I have cleared the code and will check few days later....anyone else experienced this?

TIA !!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
gave the car a good run today and got the same code! I assume this is why my MPG has gone down slightly ....so anyone seen this? any ideas??

TIA

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Have you checked your air filter recently.May need changing.If it is blocked it will make your car run richer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I havent - a new one was put in last July so I suppose it could be that? Also heard about cleaning or replacng the MAF?

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yeah the filters get dirty pretty quick in these cars.Worthwhile changing every 6-8 months.New filter costs about ?6 from

my local car acessory shop.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, I will check it out, prob good time to change it too Green Cotton and do the air duct mod...also I ran VAG-COM onto it and get 120 g/s mass flow @ 5920 RPM so I assume the MAF is ok too, but im still gonna give that a clean too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cleaned the filter although this was not dirty at all? I still think my MPG is down and I still get this error above with VAG-COM, could this now be the MAF?? what other issues can cause ECU to add more fuel...please help!

TIA

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses guys

Yes throttle body sounds a good idea, although mine is a AGU non drive-by-wire so I assume this does not require a throttle adaption or calibration? Can i just clean this with Carb cleaner?

Temp Sender also could be changed although I cannot see why a temp sender would make this happen?

TIA

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The ECU uses the temperature to determine the fuelling.  My car would not idle properly when my temp sensor went.  When that happened on my car vag-com only reported temp sensor errors not fuelling ones so your problem might not be the temp sensor at all.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I guess a dirty filter has been ruled out so id check all of the vacuum hoses now to see if any are broken.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I thought it might NOT be the temp sender as no codes were present in the Vag-Com scan. I know when mine went dicky it kept re-appearing every few days.

And yes, you WILL need to do a throttle body adaptation after cleaning, it doesn't matter if it's DBW or not. This should also be done if you have reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery. Hope we can help you sort it!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes when I ran the scan today same problem, I have VAG-COM but not the full version so I cannot access the TBA setting, I can however clean it. I will also change the temp sender as today for the first time a strange thing happend........the temp guage moved to one notch above 90 and stayed there, this stayed on for my journey home approx 11 miles. when i got home i switched the car off and on again, ....back to 90 as normal?? weird....so is the temp sender goin faulty (although VAG-COM has thrown no fault codes for this)

TIA guys i really appreciate your help

·
Registered
190 Posts
Was this problem ever sorted?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I have the same issue with mine and have changed MAF and N75, but still no luck.<o:p></o:p>

I did also get the temp guage show one notch warmer than the standard 90.<o:p></o:p>

Speedo was also 10mph out as well. <o:p></o:p>

This happened before the car started to play up.<o:p></o:p>

Once the ignition was cycled on and off though the clocks went back to normal and have been for the last 3 weeks.

VAG COM shows - <o:p>

00561 - Mixture Adaptation: Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded
</o:p>

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Direct from the Vag Com site

00561 - Mixture Adaptation

00561 - Mixture Adaptation: Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

Possible Symptoms

• Engine Jolting
  • Increased Fuel Consumption
  • Poor Idling/Jolting
  • Reduced Boost Pressure

Possible Causes

• Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faulty
  • Fuel Pressure too Low
  • Leaks in Intake Air System and/or Exhaust System
  • Injector(s) faulty (i.e. coked)

Possible Solutions

• Refuel Vehicle
  • Check Fuel System Pressure
  • Check Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
  • Check Intake Air System and Exhaust System for Leaks
  • Check Injection Quantity
  • Check Injector(s)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes when I ran the scan today same problem, I have VAG-COM but not the full version so I cannot access the TBA setting, I can however clean it. I will also change the temp sender as today for the first time a strange thing happend........the temp guage moved to one notch above 90 and stayed there, this stayed on for my journey home approx 11 miles. when i got home i switched the car off and on again, ....back to 90 as normal?? weird....so is the temp sender goin faulty (although VAG-COM has thrown no fault codes for this)

TIA guys i really appreciate your help
Did you ever find out the cause of this mate? Any help would be much appreciated as its started to happen to my car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just unplugged my MAF sensor and the car runs better? Would this suggest I have a fucked faulty MAF? Only bought it a month ago....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts