rear box to their Tdi Boras? I am not referring to the one where
the pipe sticks out from the valance but the other that looks like the
OE one. Is there any improvement in power? Is there an
increase in noise?

Thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Miltek is the one to go for i have the turbo back one and you will get power increases as you can take away the cat i don't have a single complaint about mine

·
Registered
72 Posts
Miltek is the one to go for i have the turbo back one and you will get power increases as you can take away the cat i don't have a single complaint about mine
Do you have to put the cat back in for the MOT? Or doesnt that apply to diesels?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
This is sounding interesting. What sort of price do you pay for a Miltek back box, and when you take the CAT away do Miltek provide a straight through pipe or do you source that from elsewhere?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm suprised the engine light doesn't come on. What do you do with the Lambda connectors?

I'd be interested to hear one too, do they sound good?

·
Registered
487 Posts
i'd be interested if anyone has videos so i could hear a diesel with a miltek on
Sorry to hijack te thread - but I have a goup buy deal on a Blueflame exhaust if you're interested.

Never heard a bad word about them. And supposed to be equal if not better.

I haven't heard them as a comparison but some say the Miltek can be boomy on motorways or long journeys.

I'm sure many people have good experiences or they wouldn't sell - but i'm just offering the option.

PM Me if you're interested

Cheers

Jase

·
Registered
158 Posts
Also taking the CAT away don't you get emissions errors with the engine management, or do you have to disable it?
no I havent had such problems with mine
dont know if i am quoting right but if it is suppose to have a cat it is suppose to be there at mot time it may not affect the emissions but like everything else if it came with a cat it needs to be there.if it is getting mot'd fine you must have a soft mot guy.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Diesels do not require a Cat for MOT's thats why I got a turbo back one I got mine from Awesome GTI as they wwere doing free fitting on them at the time so i dont know if they changed anything else on the car but i doubt it but diesels definately dont need Cats for MOT's

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm suprised the engine light doesn't come on. What do you do with the Lambda connectors?

I'd be interested to hear one too, do they sound good?
Only petrol exhausts have Lambda sensors, not diesels. As for MOT time, the tester only measures the smoke test on diesels, not other emiisions as on petrols. For this reason, a diesel doesn't need a cat to pass the MOT. I've got the Milltek downpipe on my TDI and I've noticed a small increase in both power and MPG. When the backbox corrodes, I'll replace it with the Milltek.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is sounding interesting. What sort of price do you pay for a Miltek back box, and when you take the CAT away do Miltek provide a straight through pipe or do you source that from elsewhere?
I live not far from Jabbasport, they have a website with prices on for the milltek system. Basically if you want a CATless system, you get a straight bit of pipe instead.

To be honest, the prices im seeing for some of these systems seems very expensive. It would be much cheaper to find a custom exhaust company and get them to just bend some pipes up for you to replace your existing system. I think thats what i`ll do when my exhaust finally goes.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have the OEM looking Miltek exhaust with de-cat straight through pipe and it has been on for 14 months and all of the baffles have blown in the backbox, its like a babys rattle!!!

Im going to dig out the reciepts and try and get a new one fitted...NOT HAPPY!! Miltek are suppose to be the best!!!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I haven't really read this thread at all. I'll just skip the rubbish in the middle and skip to the end and give an answer.

Power increase on a TDI = none (maybe 1-2bhp if you're really lucky.

Value for money putting an exhaust on a TDI - about 1/10 if you like the noise.

Milltek are just a bit overpriced in my opinion and the fact they do nothing for a diesel engine makes it worse.

Baz

1 - 20 of 24 Posts