Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhausts, whats the difference between a "resonated" and "non resonated" one ??

Would like to put one on a 4motion but i would like a nice sound not a boy racer farting one !

What are the best other options?

Cheers, OB

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have a resonated one it sounds sporty but not loud.

non resonated= really loud, attract alot of attention but will sound the nuts [H]

depends what you want at the end of the day. i've had the loud "boy racer" cars and just got fed up with it. but then again somtimes i do wish it was louder[;)]

youtube is your friend, search milltek res and non res. loads of vids

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Expect something almost like the sound in this vid [:D]

The vid above is with a RES section but it has a De cat. If you were to keep your cats but fit a NON RES section it would sound somewhere inbetween.

You will get a nice rasp with a non res and a few pops etc.

Personally i would choose a non res as its quiet when driving round town but sound a bit of an animal when opened up [:D]

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
can recommend going the resonated way, its quiet when you want it to be and noisy when you want it to be, ie coming home late, doesnt annoy neighbours, doesnt attract attention when you dont want it, and nice on motorways not having a loud drone

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
933 Posts
I've been looking at this as well as cats, it seems Miltek don't make the 200 cpsi sports cats (part no MSVW164) any more, so I was considering somewhere like www.mijperformance.com to get the whole lot done in one go - not sure how it compares on price though.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
A simple *cough cough* secret hand shake usually works well [whistle]

What sort of inspection do you have on the cars over there then? Do you have something like an MOT but not an MOT?

·
Registered
220 Posts
No.. nothing.. just if you want a car to be registered it has to be checked over by DVS (Driving vehicle standards). But No checks every year or nothing.. but if you car looks un road worthy eg. lots of rust or sharp edges they can send you to DVS to get checked out and it has to be fixed before it can go back on the road....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts