Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Milltek are now making R32 style exhausts for non R32 Mk4's, except the 4motion.

Take a look see .......

http://www.millteksport.com/

The exhausts are designed to be fitted with an R32 rear bumper. I'm tempted as I've always liked the R's body kit.

However I have this nagging doubt that the rear bumper and exhaust on their own, without sideskirts and front R32 bumper may make the car look unbalanced, not finished off if you get my drift.

What do other folk think about just doing the rear bumper and exhaust ?

Has anyone done this mod ? If so pics would be appreciated.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
570 Posts
you'll need the front and skirts to balance it out, or it'll look silly for sure.
Have to agree with that comment. Was going to start with the rear bumper and exhaust but just knew it would look silly without hte rest so ended up putting the front and sides on first and it still felt silly while I was waiting for a day at AmD to fit the rear and new Miltek exhaust.

Now it just looks superb [H]

·
Registered
249 Posts
does the cat back give any performance gains??? do blueflame do a similar r32 look-a-like system, and do they have the option to choose slash cut tips?? what about milltek tips are they changeable, finally soundwise is there any difference between the two????

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ade, I have a Milltek 4motion style (Jet) system on the wifes 1.8t, do I have to buy a complete new system or does the R32 style back box match to the existing Milltek system? If so, how much for the replacement R32 style back box?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Your in luck, it uses your existing 167+168 centre pipes, you just require:

MSVW267 Rear Silencer and LH Tailpipe Jet 100mm
MSVW268 Connecting Pipe for RH Tailpipe
MSVW269 RH Tailpipe Jet 100mm

These are ?285+vat

·
Registered
696 Posts
Heyya....

Is this also the case with mine?

Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T X plate 2000....

Just managed to get the rare bumper but not sure how much of the system need replacing?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
if you already have a milltek then you just need:

MSVW267 Rear Silencer and LH Tailpipe Jet 100mm
MSVW268 Connecting Pipe for RH Tailpipe
MSVW269 RH Tailpipe Jet 100mm

·
Registered
954 Posts
hey ya pal,

I've got a Milltek R32 style system on my 1.8T and it sounds awesome. I've got the non-resonated (louder) version and it isn't boomy or in your face loud at all! Also it fits and looks great! I fitted mine myself!

Felt like i flowed and ran alot more smoothly and responsive atfer fitting to i expect it gave a small performance gain but you'd get more out of it with a remap!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Cherrs mate....

I still have a complete standard exhaust so how much of the system needs replacing and will it cose me much...

Where did you pick ur exhaust up from

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well if you get a cat back system then you would replace the old system from the sleeve the connets to the cat and the exhaust! i picked mine up for a wicked price from ICJ Performance!

I've got a Group buy goin mate on the Group buy section with ICJ for Exhausts and downpipes? Welcome to join in on it mate?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Cheers for the clarification.

Whats the total price including VAT? and how long will it take to arrive?

And do you also sell FK Angel headlights? (black ones) if so how much would they set me back

And whats would the total damage be?

Cheeerss

1 - 19 of 19 Posts