Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about BlueFlame exhausts? I've been after a Milltek cat-back, but I spoke to Ed at AutoPS in Brackley yesterday and he says the BlueFlame exhaust systems are cheaper, and of better build quality. He also said they are a little louder than the Milltek? (This concerns me as I want a quieter ride).

Any advice/knowledge greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would get a Jetex mate a lot of people with Milltek complain of drone on the motorway, and if the blueflame is louder it will only be worse

i have a full 2.5" jetex with no front silencer and with the downpipe and race cat and i get no annoying noise at all, sounds almost standard inside the car unless you have your foot down which produces an aggressive but not chavvy roar [:D]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Milltek all the way mate,

Mines not to loud on the mway the blueflame is def gonna be louder than the milltek

·
Registered
554 Posts
Had 2 milteks on last 2 cars, one going on current one tomorrow, no drone and not much louder than standard which suits me as I'm too old for the boy racer thing, fantastic build quality and worth the money in my humble opinion but then again I've never tried blue flame so perhaps I should shut up[:$]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have a Turbo back Miltex with 2.5" downpipe on my 1.8T [:D]

Build quality wise, can't complain, however it is a bit loud on the motorway.

I'm 22, not a chav and it's too loud to be honest.[:(]

I do love the noise combined with the Carbonio though, (i'm still a boy [Y])

I sometimes wish I had got the front silencer though....

If you wan't a good system without loads of noise, get the miltek with the front silencer.

That's my 2pence worth anyway.

Good luck

Dan

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My new Blueflame exhaust system arrived today. Will get pics up when it`s fitted tomorrow.

The quality is excellent and the service I received from the guys at
Blueflame was second to none, cannot fault them at all. Very
pleased with their product and service.

Barry

·
Registered
32 Posts
BlueFlame without a doubt I've got full hit Turbo back solid make asfar as noise goes you stipulate how noisey or quiet you want, had mine fitted at their place and said I didn't want boy racer sound they oblige 1.5 years on still mint and solid

Well thats my view, hope it helps Wayne

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Would any of you guys be interested in a Blueflame Group Buy? Theres a
big group buy running over on the Seat Car Club and Si_B the organiser
has asked if we'd like to jump on board [Y]

Prices will be in the region of ?550 plus fitting for a full turbo back system (Downpipe/Sports Cat/rear system) for the 1.8T (other models may be similar price).

I'll also see if theres anyting available for the Bora and MK5 Golf while I'm at it [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Well seeing as posts like these are of no real help when members just recommend what they have fitted to their car then I may as well have my say..........Milltek all the way [;)]

[EDIT] Just seen Tabs' post, thats a superb price for what in reality will be a very well made exhaust system and probably no different to Milltek. As a comparison I paid ?390+VAT for my downpipe and cat, ?265+VAT for my catback so a total of ?769+fitting - compare that to the Blueflame GB price in Tabs' post!! [:'(]

·
Registered
911 Posts
Blueflame for me!!!!  Do a search, this has been asked a few timesand blue flame has not got a bad word against it, but Miltek seem to get some....doesn't fit properly and boomy???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Would any of you guys be interested in a Blueflame Group Buy? Theres a big group buy running over on the Seat Car Club and Si_B the organiser has asked if we'd like to jump on board [Y]

Prices will be in the region of ?550 plus fitting for a full turbo back system (Downpipe/Sports Cat/rear system) for the 1.8T (other models may be similar price).

I'll also see if theres anyting available for the Bora and MK5 Golf while I'm at it [:D]
id be interested, what style of exhaust is that price for as i prefer the anni style?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Define noisy I suppose is the question ?

I had a milltek with all silencers and wondered what I had payed for originally since then I have decated and have no centre silencer and I find the noise about right for me but I like a bit of noise otherwise whats the point of fitting the aftermarket exhaust ?

Blueflame are from what I have heard not discernibly louder so I dont see that being a problem for you and they are better value in my opinion than the milltek systems which I feel are ok but not as great as some say, escpecially on the welds and finish of some parts.

HTH

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Would any of you guys be interested in a Blueflame Group Buy? Theres a big group buy running over on the Seat Car Club and Si_B the organiser has asked if we'd like to jump on board [Y]

id be interested, what style of exhaust is that price for as i prefer the anni style?
I'm still waiting on details to come through, however I think they do an Anniversary sytle single exit that mates up with the Anniversary Petrol valance. Prices should be with me soon.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Milltek me up!

I originally had the silenced cat back system then DOC kindly provided me with the straight thu centre section. I did however have a warranty replacement on the back box after about 12mths of use.

On a motorway no drone on either systems

Nice to see you spoke to Ed at AutoPS :) I am off for a Haldex service there at the weekend

·
Registered
504 Posts
Personaly i love my Milltek - i had Turbo-back fitted (highflow cat and downpipe (3")) and since its been fitted i haven't turned my radio on - I love it!!!

my 2p's

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Well my Milltek Turbo back cost approx the same as GaryM's and I can say that I am not 100% chuffed with it to be honest.

It did increase power over stock by 15bhp when the Ultra Down DownPipe and cat back went on. There is not a back box designed by Milltek for the Toledo so I put on a Bora item and it fitted like a glove.

The problem I have is that the U bend over the axle vibrates on the axle when the exhaust is hot and there are passengers in the rear which is quite annoying and embarassing. I have had it adjusted twice now and cannot get to the back of it. I know of at least 2 other people with the same problem in a Golf and a Bora.

I opted for no front silencer which I think was a mistake too as the concealed exit back box it louder than the twin protruding one in the first place. Don't get me wrong it sounds OK and at high revs it pops and bangs upon gear change but it is too loud for my liking. One thing I have to add to that is however that the noise is only high upon accelaration.

Never tried Blueflame of Jetex so no idea if they suffer the same problems.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts