Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been revo'd for about 5/6 months now, and have read and seen soooooooo much on Milltek exhausts! So I think its about time I got one .!! [^]

Thing is, is wit worth getting the whole system ? or just the downpipe and H/F sports cat back??

What does the whole system include??

I'm not so clued up as to the different sections of an exhaust but looking at some of the cars with milltek's it looks like all of you have got the full whack, my understandings (and please inform me and correct me) is that the down pipe and the cat back does not include the twin tail pipes as ive seen is this right?? if so then it will be the full system for me!!

Thanks as always peoples and thanks for making me spend my money again!![:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Sup dude..

Afaik, the cat back is just that.. from the catalyst backwards.. pipe and back box / tips.. the full system is from the turbo back.. so downpipe, hi flow cat, pipe and back box / tips.

Both systems include back box & tips.. the full system just includes the downpipe and sports cat, AS WELL as the back box and tips.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 20/09/2004 16:49:26

Afaik, the cat back is just that.. from the catalyst backwards.. pipe and back box / tips.. the full system is from the turbo back.. so downpipe, hi flow cat, pipe and back box / tips

Thats exactly it.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 20/09/2004 17:13:37

Thanks tylerama and Mr Whore[:D]

D/P & Cat back it is then, now where's Awesomes web site.......

Woooo.. that's a lotta money yo spendin there matey ! [:D]

·
Registered
220 Posts
i've been thinking about doing the same thing too, been looking at the APR stuff aswell as miltek. all depending on if i can get it fitted somewhere that'll do a good job and if i get it all at a nice price[:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome prices:

Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust 1.8T 4motion Style ?265 (?311.38)

Milltek Hi-flow Cat/Downpipes

Milltek Hi-Flow Cat Ultra 1.8T ?389 (?457)

Milltek Hi-Flow Cat 1.8T ?289 (?339.58)

So ?650 not including fitting,*ehem* discount *ehem*[:eek:)]

what the ultra all about though??

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Dont worrie about the Ultra it is what milltek only supply now the old one was specifically for pre DBW cars as it had only one Lamba sensor mounting point.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by The Walrus on 20/09/2004 17:42:01

Dont worrie about the Ultra it is what milltek only supply now the old one was specifically for pre DBW cars as it had only one Lamba sensor mounting point.

so I take it thats the one I need at that bloody price![:(]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I thought they had started to supply the cheaper 3"DP and cat and the Ultra was the more expensive better quality version?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hold on a minute?? how comes Awesomes prices are 650 aprox and AMD (who i though were more expensive ) are charging this:

Stainless Steel Sport CAT & Downpipe

?390 Supplied

?450 Fitted

Is it not a Milltek system ? even though I called them up and they said that Milltek is their supplier

Confused.com ???????

·
Registered
274 Posts
You best sticking with the high flow cat , this is a 3" diameter with the holes in for Lambada sensors, and the cat is with 2 blocks of cells - one 100 "block" and one 200 "block.

The Ultra high flow is 2.5" diameter with one block of cat cells of 200.

The Ultra high flow wiich is more expensive is best if you looking at uprating the turbo and going for 240bhp plus figures .

Hope that helps

If you fitting a 4 mo style tailpipe or anni style tailpipe , you will have to fit a 4mo back valance and also cut a small amount of valance bracket off and small amount of back sill where the pipe exits the underbody .

·
Registered
274 Posts
When you get prices ,,find out wich Cat and D/P they suppling ,,and if vat to go on top .

Looks like Awesome have given you correct prices for everything ,,and Amd have only given you Cat + Dp price without vat ???

Always check in which DP and Cat it is ,, otherwise they always try to sell you more expensive one

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just called AMD that price is the Stainless Steel Sport CAT & Downpipe only NOT cat back!! they said it would be ?810 with fitting!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
?890........what !!

I paid much much less for the full Monty Milltek via TSR Performance on 01278 453036

TSR were doing special rates on Milltek systems

Ian

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 20/09/2004 18:27:28

Just called AMD that price is the Stainless Steel Sport CAT & Downpipe only NOT cat back!! they said it would be ?810 with fitting!!

That sounds about right.. my total bill with 2.5 hours labour last monday was ?508 pound.. that was for a milltek cat back, but also a forge dog bone engine mount thingy and a replacement vacuum hose onto the forge DV.. I'm sure the price for the downpipe and the sports cat was ?457.. that must be VAT inclusive ?!?! I hope so anyway ! But as LIAMH said.. AmD charge ?60PH labour + VAT.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 20/09/2004 23:09:25

There's no way that fitting an exhaust would warrant labour rates of ?70.50ph INC VAT.

I don't think I want to spend that kind of money on labour, i've seen the downpipe/catback on big boys toys for 499, so might just order it and get Vince at Stealth to do it, he always sorts me out!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I found the cheapest place was Motorsport world when I just bought by system - 296 delivered, but just after I ordered JOhn Wintle recommended JBR for "very" good prices... maybe worth a call... ( they are one of the banner advertisers )

You don't "have" to buy the V6 rear valence, you can trim a standard one, see my thread for pics, bear in mind I had already cut mine for the Piper system and the tails were different.

Scott

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that Caged, just looked on Motorsport Worlds site and is that price, just got to find out if its the down pipe and cat back and not just the back!

Golf Mk4 GTI 1.8T, 1998> ?282.04 MILL135 (plus ?14 delivery)

is this the one you got Caged?? if so what did you get wthi it??

thanks[^]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts