Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know mikes on holiday at the moment, but look what the body shop have done to your car while you were away ! [:p]

(sorry mike)

Posted Image

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ok then. Why isnt it nice? the lines flow perfectly of the arches. not to edgey or fancy just smooth and well designed.

What is the best front bumper or body kit in your opinions then?

Im keen to lern [:)]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think that front bumper is gorgeous. anyone agree with me?
i think it lookes wicked aswell.

really hardcore

not oem enough for most people on here that, nothing wrong with that though [:)]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ok then. Why isnt it nice? the lines flow perfectly of the arches. not to edgey or fancy just smooth and well designed.
Errr......its just bl**dy awful. Full stop.

Its too much, way OTT and nearly as far from smooth as you can get IMO.

Some of the Max Power types will probably like it though...

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

What is the best front bumper or body kit in your opinions then?

Im keen to lern [:)]
It isn't nice (imo) cos up top it's trying to be all smooth and then down below it's trying to be all sculpted with vents n that.. it's trying to do two different things and ends up doing neither well, at all. It just looks a mess.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I am all for OEM styling. But modification is all about personalising. And most OEM vehicals arent doing anything new and exiting.

A nice intercooler behind them vents would be nice.

Thank you for your opinions, im new to this scene and am looking for modification advise.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
It isnt nice because it is a rice look bumper that goes with jap styling, jap styling is far more flared and vented than eruo stuff... euro styling tends to be more smooth and discreet and less about spoilers and intakes to smooth clean aerodynamic lines.

think of it in terms of fashionyou dont put on black leather suit shoes with a tracksuit? do you?
No well sdont try jap styling aon a euro hatch and vice versa...

Imagine how sill a supra would look with schmidt th lines and smooth bumpers and brown paint!!!!!

try to differentiate against types of styling.. IE dont do the touring car look unlezss you have accar that can carry it off completely.. same with rally car looks... an evo 8 would not suit wings west or euro wide rims slammed however it does suit the white mud flaps OZ rims big spotlight look..

There that should teach you as little

·
Registered
873 Posts
It isnt nice because it is a rice look bumper that goes with jap styling, jap styling is far more flared and vented than eruo stuff... euro styling tends to be more smooth and discreet and less about spoilers and intakes to smooth clean aerodynamic lines.

think of it in terms of fashionyou dont put on black leather suit shoes with a tracksuit? do you?
No well sdont try jap styling aon a euro hatch and vice versa...

Imagine how sill a supra would look with schmidt th lines and smooth bumpers and brown paint!!!!!

try to differentiate against types of styling.. IE dont do the touring car look unlezss you have accar that can carry it off completely.. same with rally car looks... an evo 8 would not suit wings west or euro wide rims slammed however it does suit the white mud flaps OZ rims big spotlight look..

There that should teach you as little
Sorry but i think thats very wrong. You do get very smoth supras and they are VERY aerodynamic. And correct me if im wrong but you also get golf touring cars and rally cars!

Its not like putting on a leather suit (leather suit? dont know where you shop!) with a tracksuit at all. It has an extended carbon fiber bonnet up top wich i think is in-keeping with the bumper the only other mod up top would be a spoiler and a big spoiler would look stupid on any golf. I also dont think that bumper is outragous at all. very conservative in my eyes and very stylish and also practical for intercooler cooling.

If you can persuade me otherwise i will come around and say its crap with you but at the momment i think its quite nice. Will be bad build quality no doubt though.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
putting on a leather suit (leather suit? dont know where you shop!)
thats leather shoes not suit HEHE

leather suit would be funny [8-|] LOL

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Seriously, that bumper is puke, along with the rest of the car - grille, skirts, WTF is that big red X all about ??.

I do however like the wheels and stubby mirrors.

I am probably being stupid, but is this MikeTDI's car, been messed with, a la photoshop ???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts