Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 2 years I've had a few Dubs, but never got round to doing a build thread for any of them as I've not really done much to any of them, But % cars later I've got enough pics to make something maybe worth a look :)

So, Started off after the misses passed her test and needed a run around as she couldnt get insured in our new Toyota Verso, So After a brief spell in a focus I got her a 2001 Mk4 Gti 1.8T, was a bit of a gamble really as she only passed 4 months earlier, but for £300 fully comp for the 2 of is it was a must.

So, this was it on the Ad when I brought it

Posted Image

stayed standard for a while while the misses was using it, until she broke a front coil spring. So I got some cheap Jamex -35mm springs on it and tinted the rear windows

Posted Image

It was approaching 6 months since she passed so she got insured in the Verso which left the Golf to me, so next mod was a remap. After reading so many good stories of Nick and the lads at R Tech, thats where i went.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Turned out that it had already been superchipped and was making 190bhp before the map, after nick had finished i drove away with 210bhp :)

I picked up a cheap powerflow cat back with 4 mo valance off ebay

Posted Image

next I did a DIY W8 interior light mod

Posted Image

then DIY joey mod to the headlights

Posted Image

I was liking how the car was turning out but a friend of mine was looking for a car, she had her mind set on a focus until I took her to see one in the Golf.

The deal was done - on the golf so I hunted for its replacement

and this was it

Posted Image

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2005 Audi A3 s/b 3.2 Quattro S Line

Posted Image

This was an amazing car to drive, but after only 1 week I was missing the mk4.

So sold the Audi after only 2 weeks of ownership!

Then the hunt was on for a mk4, But, couldn't find one so another Audi A3 was purchased

Posted Image

2000 A3 1.8T sport, Got this very cheap! Did a few essentials Cambelt etc as I thought I would be keeping it. Then after about 3 weeks of owning - it was sold!

Now I knew it had to be a mk4 for, and an Anniversary was the one! I travelled to length of the country to look at them and eventually found one from a fellow forum member

Posted Image

As It was an Anni, i planned to keep it standard with a few subtle mods.It already had a stage 1 remap, decat, and and puddle sucking induction kit which was promptly removed and replaced with a standard airbox with DSG intakes.

I polished the inlet manifold, painted the front VW badge and fitted 20mm rear spacers

Posted Image

Posted Image

ready for all types and tatton park shows

Posted Image

and picked up a centre arm rest then retrimmed it in some anni seat fabric

Posted Image

apart from washing it every week (wont buy another black car!) thats about all i did

After 6 months of ownership I was getting bored, it was time to sell! It didn't take long, and after a few days I was shaking hands and watching it drive away (now owned by another forum member who has a much bigger wallet than I did! http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/381605.aspx?PageIndex=1 )

So, Its replacement. I was looking for a tdi but theres never one when you've got the cash, so another 1.8T it was

Posted Image

2003, 180 bhp 6 speed and the same brakes as the Anni for a third of the price so I was happy!

Owned by a woman Doctor for the last 5 years who didn't own a bucket and sponge! , so first jobs were service and cambelt, then a good clean!

roof

Posted Image

wheels after

Posted Image

found this and the usual split upper breather so both were replaced

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/mhar737/c6477d3f.jpg

Now that I had a silverm car I could do the B pillars black

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/mhar737/04fddf7c.jpg

Never was a fan of the dark myrtle wood trim, espacially after having the Anni trim, So ordered some 3M Dynoc carbon wrap and cover the radio surround and door handles

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From then, all car stuff was put on hold for me to Build my conservatory. Something that I had no idea how to do, but after 3 months its finally finished :)

So Now its back to the car, Its Now rolling on 18" new style RS4's and I'm waiting delivery of some coilovers from DPM,

Thought I'd get my spare headlights out ready for the joey/Anni mod

Posted Image

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
allright mike, I knew you had all them cars apart from the a3! looking good keep up the good work [Y] and if yoe need a hand with the coilovers give me a shout (allthough I cant get to you [doh])

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Looking good mate.

Shame you had to get rid of the Anni.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fitted the rear coilovers this morning, so went from this
Posted Image

To this
Posted Image

There's still quite a few turns to lower it some more but I'll let it settle for a few days and get the fronts fitted first.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Todays work

Posted Image

Headlight inners are now painted satin black as is the front VW badge.

Took a video of how to remove the glass from the lamp [:D]

The lights are all back together now, just waiting for the sealant to dry,

decided I wanted a black interior mirror too so removed it and started to prep for painting

Posted Image

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a half day so went in at 11am and finished at 3 to look after the kids while the misses was at work, so thought I'd make the most of it before it got dark and refitted a few things
Posted Image

1 - 20 of 209 Posts