Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to see Miami Vice yet?

Is it any good? I would imagine it is, as Michael Mann's films are usually okay.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought about going later on today, also fancy seeing 'Nacho Vibre' as im a van of Jack Black.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Watched Miami Vice today, a good entertaining film if not a little predictable.

Nowhere near as good as Heat though IMO

·
Registered
927 Posts
Watched Miami Vice today, a good entertaining film if not a little predictable.

Nowhere near as good as Heat though IMO
'Heat' was awesome! Happily watch it in preference to most new cops/robbers films.

Seeing MV on wed, but i know it'll can never be as good as tv series

·
Registered
639 Posts
Saw MV last night and thought..........it was OK.

The acting was terrible, very forced....compared to Collateral where you could actually believe what was happening. The storyline is complicated and you really need to listen hard to catch everything that's going on.

On a good note.....great action, lots of fast cars and lots of violence. Its 'Bad Boys' without the humour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
While Heat is an excellent film, it's a reworking of an eartlier Michael Mann film from the eighties called LA Takedown.

Its interesting to watch both back to back as they both have some of the same set pieces, but LA Takedown is not as polished or good looking as Heat, but wotrh watching nonetheless.

See also Manhunter / Red dragon with Grissom from CSI.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
i watched this friday night and to be honest .......

I Thought it was complete pile of shite and very predictable with what was happening next

·
Registered
5,416 Posts

I Thought it was complete pile of shite and very predictable with what was happening next
I'm 100% with you on this.. watched it last night and thought the best bit was when they had to catch up that fella in the bentley in the ferrari [:D] nice noise...

Sat

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

I was supposed to be going to see a preview of this last thursday but bailed at the last minute - ok I had a night out on wednesday night and just couldn;t face it!

The rest went and said it was absolute garbage. Out of the 6 that went only one stayed to the end and that was because he fell asleep the rest left after an hour to go for a drink instead.

They said it was the kinda film you wouldn;t mind watching on DVD. So do I take it they are wrong and it is a good film?

J.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

I was supposed to be going to see a preview of this last thursday but bailed at the last minute - ok I had a night out on wednesday night and just couldn;t face it!

The rest went and said it was absolute garbage. Out of the 6 that went only one stayed to the end and that was because he fell asleep the rest left after an hour to go for a drink instead.

They said it was the kinda film you wouldn;t mind watching on DVD. So do I take it they are wrong and it is a good film?

J.
[;)]

lol i must admit i nealy fell asleep ..........as it was that bad

it was the sort of film .......ya know when they say buying dvd's from the dodgy bloke spoils the film well in this case ..........i dont think it would .......

although i was watching it in the big screen .....

i would have prefered to wait till it comes out on dvd ....as i could atleast go make a cupa tea come back take the dvd out of the player and then use it as a coster .......[:p]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

I'm 100% with you on this.. watched it last night and thought the best bit was when they had to catch up that fella in the bentley in the ferrari [:D] nice noise...

Sat
yep that was class ....there was another good bit in there i must admit

it was right at the end ...............when the titles came up .......[:D]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did anyone think that it just started as if it was 1/4 already throught the film?  i dunno if it was because the cinema messed it up but there were no starting credits just went straight into the bar scene? i thought it was not as good as the adverts made out to be, i think all the action that happens you see in the advert so no need to go watch the rest of the boring shit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
havent seen it yet but i think my mate sums it upquite well , its like
a serious version of bad boys, he will prob buy it o dvd but once it is
in the 4 for 20quid section.

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
walked out 40 mins during the film

it was very bad

best bit from what i saw was the ferrari / opening club scene