Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
About ?400 inc disc, code and antenna from Ebay. There also used to be a member here that sold them and also did the fitting.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are some REALLY cheap ones on ebay........they concern me though, cos i dont want to buy something and not get it, or indeed have extra money added to the bill......cos they say that once you have "buy it now"'d they will tell you the total......

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have bought 3 units from bodycarstyling now and he is a top bloke.

I was worried first but I was very happy with the service and all the units I have recieved.

Buy from him and you won't be disappointed, many forum members have!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got my PnP cable from Easyauction excellent cable - also bought my
MFD from Germany, no probs getting it ie Tax as we're both in the EU.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have bought 3 units from bodycarstyling now and he is a top bloke.

I was worried first but I was very happy with the service and all the units I have recieved.

Buy from him and you won't be disappointed, many forum members have!!
i'll second that.

comes with all thats needed to fit it [H]

·
Registered
360 Posts
DIY instal?
Dead easy, 1/2 hour including fitting the aerial behind the glovebox.. Only thing that put me off carbodystyling

was the lack of paypal, as this makes things much easier and offers "some" protection...

Chris

P.S. If you do decode to get one dont forget you'll need the removal tools

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good think about the removal tools there!!!

the geezer accepts "bidpay"......and other ahve bought with no problems??

·
Registered
602 Posts
I used the western union money transfer and was a bit sketchy about it, but it turned out fine.

I got given some removal tools from the bloke at my stealer f.o.c. pays to be polite every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
good think about the removal tools there!!!

the geezer accepts "bidpay"......and other ahve bought with no problems??
Fitment will take you around 30 mins and it's not difficult, the only thing is getting the antenna in place but you will figure out where is best to get enough satelittes.

Bidpay is easy and I have used it three times, no worries about that.

If your after removal keys then I bought them from this place, arrived in a couple of days and they accept Paypal:

http://www.satnavsystems.com/

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys I'm an Aussie looking for an MFD for my 2001 Golf

Looks like the best place is ebay for me. I see that some of you have recommended some German sellers. Do they speak English at all?

I've installed the Nav Plus into an A4, it wasn't too hard. However we did have to unplug 1 or 2 cables, and without the right pin-removal tool it made things a little bit too difficult!

oh and these navs work great with phatnoise systems!! [H]

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought the very same unit from Bodycarstyling two weeks ago and mine still isn't working. I have had a problem with the CDs supplied as they do not work in the machine. Simon informs me that he is going to send me another copy however I'm not holding out any hope at the moment. So I would check that the CDs that you are being provided aren't from the same batch he originally gave me with! He mentioned he was getting a new CD-writer so make sure your CD is writen using that!

Oh and I don't know if it is too late but if you tell Simon your a member on this forum you will get a ?25 discount!!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its too late for the discount!

are the units kosha?...waht come with them?

why do i need the discs?...sorry for the silly question, but obvioulsy i'm new to MFD's.

Does the unit itself work?

i'm a tad worried now!

·
Registered
602 Posts
This is where i got mine from and its been fitted a few months now and no problems.

The disks are what hold the nav information about roads and that. I think its so they have an easy way of updating the data i got supplied with a 2004 disk with mine and i belive there is now a 2005 one updated with new roads.

I also got one for poland and germany and somewhere else. Not that i'll ever use them.

the units come well packed but with no manuals.

You'll probably have to change the language over to english but a forum search will tell you how to do this.

any other advice i can im happy to help.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts