Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am willing to change my entire exhaust system from OEM to 3" downpipe to cat back. But I am facing difficulties to find a good one not costing 1k.

So I was asking if there is a difference in PERFORMANCE between the regular metal and the Stainless Steel.

I know that the Stainless Steel is anti-corrosion and give better look and maybe last longer, but I want to know if this has to do anything with the BHP performance if it is Metal or Stainless Steel.

Many thanks in advance,

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
well i have had both types on my car as i got a metal one free lol..... but i upgraded to a full stainless system turbo back and i felt a difference the sound is amazing and feels better at flowing and the pick up of the power is much much better

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply mate, but i am doing a lot of research and no one is saying that the type of metal have anything to do in performance.

i am convinced for the look, and sound.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
its just just that you pay out for it and then you dont need a new one in 1-2years or how ever long a normal one lasts ...... mine feels os nice to drive now ....

i made it cheap by buying a 2.5" catback system to start with then brought a 3" down pipe and decat from ebay and it fitted great and had no problems at all with it lol worked out well under 1K lol and its a full stainless turbo back zort!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its just just that you pay out for it and then you dont need a new one in 1-2years or how ever long a normal one lasts ...... mine feels os nice to drive now ....

i made it cheap by buying a 2.5" catback system to start with then brought a 3" down pipe and decat from ebay and it fitted great and had no problems at all with it lol worked out well under 1K lol and its a full stainless turbo back zort!
i will check on ebay for a SS one. i am sure that the shipping will be toooooooooo expensive!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should easily find one for 1k......infact 1/2 of that with downpipe.
Yes mate but i have to ship it to Lebanon which is tooooo expensive, i just got an offer from http://turborevs.org.uk/:

downpipe for 95£

Fmic 175£

shipping 110£

excluding 17.5 VAT because they will be shipped outside Europe.

so now i am really confused [:cool:]

any help appriciated,

Cheers

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the link you gave me is for a resonated one, i am seeking a louder system so what do you think of the below one:

function item() { [native code]...ViewItem&item=330485415531&fromMakeTrack=true

many thanks and Happy new year!!!

Cheers......

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG!!!

shipping the catback only without the downpipe will cost me 229 £ [8o|]. so the total of the catback is 479£ = 745$!!!!!! [li]

i cannot afford it!! still looking, any help???

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
£229 to post it? for shipping only?
yes mate 229£ for shipping only!!!

here it is:

Hi,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Shipping to Beirut-Lebanon £229.00<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Everything in the picture is what you receive.<o:p></o:p>