Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else think this is an outrage? It was full of great programs, The Professionals, The Sweeny, loads of WRC and behind the scenes programs! Now its gonna be replace with some ITV games channel, great! [:mad:]

rant over...........

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yes, I'm well miffed. Mum went ape when she found out (she loved all that stuff lol!)

To be replaced with some ITV game channel.

WTF i the point of that on Freeview - they're supposed to making it worth moving over to, not filling it with 2 pence bullcrap!

C

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly! I have even got this Top-Up rubbish and its not as if they put it over to that, which i wouldnt of minded about! [:mad:]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
We only recently got freeview and it was one of the only channels I
actually watched. Progs like pink slip racing and build or bust were
good alternatives to the crap stuff on BBC/ITV.... grrrr.....

I think we should get a petition for its return sorted? Surely theres
plenty of other free slots for it move to on Freeview..... [:S]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
All fill this in:

http://www.menandmotors.co.uk/page/Feedback/

Its not even mentioned on their site as to its move! [:mad:] gits
Theres a small snippet on the 'Tune in' page:

Men and Motors is a UK-based ITV-owned television channel available on the following platforms within the United Kingdom:

Freeview channel 35

We regret to tell our Freeview viewers that we will no longer be
available on Freeview from 06:00 on the 12th April . Men and Motors
will be replaced by ITV Play, which will launch shortly after. Men and
Motors will continue to broadcast on Sky, NTL & Telewest.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I think it's just the way freeview is going in content now a days with all those Quiz Call programs.

More details on M&M can be found in this thread
here

·
Banned
774 Posts
As mentioned above you can still get it at 28 degrees East using a dish- you don't need to pay SKY a subscription for it either.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sent off an e-mail to Men and motors and this is the reply i got-

Thank you for your email.

From the 19th April, ITV Play will take the slot currently being used by
Men and Motors on Freeview. Men and Motors will continue to broadcast a
strong schedule on Sky, Telewest and NTL. ITV has limited capacity on
the Freeview platform and we have to take decisions based upon the
capacity available. In this instance we believe ITV Play represents the
best commercial use of this capacity on DTT. We apologise for any
inconvenience this has caused to our viewers.

Regards
ITV Duty Office - SR

I like the bit about "we believe ITV Play represents the best commerical use of this capacity on DTT" they just want more money from people phoning in to answer the question

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I can't believe this. I used to watch Men and Motors frequently and the first I knew about it being dropped from Freeview was
when I tried to watch it this evening and found it had been replaced with some dodgy gameshow! [:mad:]

I think this is a total travesty and whoever made such a decision should be sacked.
I've emailed Men&Motors aswell complaining about this, I hope a lot of other people do too: http://www.menandmotors.co.uk/page/Feedback/
not sure if it will make any difference.....[:(]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
There are some spare slots on Freeview, including the one not used by ITV for the failed ITV News channel, but they have to pay to broadcast. ITV is cash strapped, as advertising revenue is in short supply. The new games channel will have no advertising, generating easy money from the phone calls to play whatever mindless games they've dreamt up. They will see it as a way out of their present financial difficulties. Something I didn't know is that "FREEVIEW is marketed by DTV Services Ltd which is a company run by its five shareholders the BBC, BSkyB, National Grid Wireless, ITV and Channel 4."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts