Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I am going to be living in Exeter for around 10 weeks soon.

I have just recently got a JL Audio 12" W3v2 D2 Sub and 250/1 Class D Mono Block Amplifier. Which i am going to do a boot install, along with lyning the car with Dynamat.

What i am looking for is either someone who can diy me the boot install, including enclosure, + laying the dynamat. Or a good ICE shop which could do it.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Theres an ICE place who do custome installs on Marsh Barton. Next to the BMW dealership and jaguar dealership there is a roundabout, you need to take the exit off that roundabout towards Makro and the car wash place, then when you hit the next roundabout, take the first exit. Down there there is an ICE place who do custom installs.

If you don't know where the BMW dealership is, let me know, tell me anyhere there is you do know on marsh Barton and I will tell you where it is from there.

Never used it, so don't know if they are any good, but they have their own unit, and have had for a while now, so got to be bringing the work in!. Can't remember their name either!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Theres an ICE place who do custome installs on
Marsh Barton. Next to the BMW dealership and jaguar dealership there is
a roundabout, you need to take the exit off that roundabout towards
Makro and the car wash place, then when you hit the next roundabout,
take the first exit.
Sorry, incredibly off topic but that very roundabout is where I slid
into a kerb and ripped the front left suspension off my Bora 1.6 [:p]

There is another car audio place in the centre of town, just off
Sidwell Street. If you pass the Odeon cinema on your right, take a left
at the cross junction. Drive down towards the church right in front of
you, but before you get to the tyre place on the left, take a left, and
its down there on the left next to the bakery warehouse thing. Or was.
Again though, no idea if they are any good

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Tsk!

Should be more careful! You werent trying to impress one of the very high value cars you see around there were you!?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
In a Bora 1.6?!? I think not!

Nope, I came through the roundabout too quick, spotted mud on the road
too late, carried straight on into a 1ft kerb and ripped my shock
absorber in half. 19 year old muppet. Wheel fell off, very annoying. At least I was on
Marsh Barton, got it fixed down the road! (Not by VW, useless fools).

My Bora V6 also came from Marsh Barton VW dealer, though I bought it from what was Parks Subaru (now Suzuki)

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
In a Bora 1.6?!? I think not!

Nope, I came through the roundabout too quick, spotted mud on the road too late, carried straight on into a 1ft kerb and ripped my shock absorber in half. 19 year old muppet. Wheel fell off, very annoying. At least I was on Marsh Barton, got it fixed down the road! (Not by VW, useless fools).

My Bora V6 also came from Marsh Barton VW dealer, though I bought it from what was Parks Subaru (now Suzuki)
Bet you held that roundabout up for a while though! Take it it was the small one right next to the BMW dealership and not the one going out towards the A38 or up towards the outskirts.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Bet you held that roundabout up for a while though! Take it it was
the small one right next to the BMW dealership and not the one going
out towards the A38 or up towards the outskirts.
Thats a painted hump! No not that one, the Spangles car wash one opposit Jag / Aston Martin.

Pomme, have you been to Marsh Barton? If not you will love it, every
car dealer in existence is there - except Lambo and a few obscure ones

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thanx guys, ill check them out.

Ohhh im sure ill have a bit of fun around there then :) :) :) a few test drives me thinks.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Yer Marsh Barton is a good place.

Mike, know which one you mean now, lol, that has got massive curbs next to it like you say! Ouch!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Well there is BK Racing who do alloy wheels down there, where I got mine from and the manager is a mate, so I can ask if you get despertae, but don't know if they do refurbs or just new alloys.

There are loads of places on Marsh Barton though, one of them is bound to! Most of Marsh Barton is aimed at cars!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be good if you could ask if they would do it, as then i could drop in and see what price they would charge, and then stroll down Marsh Barton to compare the prices.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you don't have any luck with the hi-fi installer I know a man who does decent quality installations. Never used him myself as I've always been too tight to get into car hi-fi (!!!) but know plenty of people who have.

Uplands I wouldn't bother with personally, unless they have had a change of staff recently.

As for re-furbing wheels - how bad is the damage? Plastic Surgeon will do reasonable quality minor repairs for a price (also on Marsh Barton!!!)

·
Registered
809 Posts
We'll have to arrange an Exeter meet soon then. Surely there's got to be enough of us to make it a goer - I see quite a few nice mk4s about.

How about it? I'll post up something in the meets section if any of you guys are interested.......?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts