Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home hope everyone who was there had a safe journey home.A great weekend,and was nice to meet such a friendly lot.will put my pics up soon.Big thanks goes to Tabs & everyone who helped organise the weekend great weather & great company with some excellent cars.If you missed it this year try & get to it next year you won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
86 Posts
 great meet good journey up there and lovely weather as well, got well burn't today nice to meet members who i never seen before tabs, cat1.4 etc and the usual lot who i have jason,john, jason,tim ,dan and so on, good turn out and nice golfs and boras hope see you lot at edition 38 event soon, thanks for a great day. 

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Glad you both had a great time, it was really nice to meet so many new faces and be able to put on another Mega Meet for the masses!

Congratulations to those who took part in and won the raffle. We had some pretty good prizes on offer, thanks to Revo and VW Speed [Y]

Also congrats go to everyone who took part in the show and shine, both judging and participating. We had well over 60 score cards handed in and there was very little between the first and second place! Well done to Redbeard7 (Rob) for taking first place and Vikram with his stunning Jazz Blue MK4 for taking runner up. We'll get the trophies sent out to both of you this week [;)]

And well done to nosaj for taking the Best in Show award - another well deserved win!

I'll do a more comprehensive write up later this week, but for now I'd just like to say thanks to all those who attended! And special thanks to Bob, Emma, Cat, Henry, Jason, Faisal Jimmy and Marie for helping out with the BBQ cooking and take down!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark i hope you wern't speeding [:p] think i've managed to upload all my pics i know they arn't the best but to those who missed it there were some top cars there The pic of the silver polo loaded up to the roof is all the parts Cat managed to get over the weekend to help rebuild her car so half of her car was at the show !!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
A massive thanks to all the organisers, particulalry to Tabs & Co. Raffle was brilliant with all excellent prizes some of which I've won, thanks.

It was lovely to meet everyone, saw some old faces I hadn't seen for a long time and nice to meet all the new people as well.

Loads of lovely cars out there, some very well deserving show winning cars.

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Wow what a weekend!

Great weather, great company, great cars, and lots of food too!

Good to have met some new faces as well as old, well chuffed that I won (still can't believe it) the Revo remap from the Raffle :)

Thanks to Tabs and everyone that organised and ran the event over the two days, and great to see our little mega meet is getting bigger by the year!

Looking forward to seeing some great pics, post away guys!

·
Super Moderator
50,259 Posts
I guess there were a few people there I would have liked to have said hello to,but didn't get the chance? Anyway good to meet Tabs,Cat,Sean Jaymo,Silver Dart,Bora tee dee eye,Jimmy,errmmmmmm brain fade................
Anyway all those forgotten names aside,it was the first of that type of show for me,so was something different to add to my lifes achievements,not a bad turn out by all accounts,I reckon about 50 cars? The weather was good,but next time Tabs can you make it a bit cooler please,about 20 degrees would be good for me[:p].
Got some photos somewhere to go through ASAP.

Chris.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Word up fella's.

Great weekend indeed!.

It was great to meet everyone put usernames to cars and people alike. Special mention to golfv5 (Jimmy) and his family who were so willing to help me assemble my tent on Friday, and all the hospitallity they showed everyone over the weekend, top bunch of folk. Also kool to meet Ken and Jenny from Scotland (silverdart), dan with the v5, jaymo the helicoptor doctor, cat 1.4, tabs and crew, always a pleasure, also good to see a couple of folk return from last years (Andy, ill ring you about that R32 engine as soon as he returns my messages pal), oh and Jason, mr pink t-shirt as hes now gonna be known :), mhahawa, good to see ya all and thanks for all the positive feedback and ideas for my budget piece of junk (BPJ), if all goes well ill use the ideas and put them to good use, or as Jason nicely phrased it "Fit for purpose", heres some pics which i admit were rushed as i was too drunk to take any sat eve and left it till sunday when it was too hot and bright!.

Congrats to the winners btw, some stunning cars there, keep ya eyes open for next year, there were some humble cars which were unfinnished this time around which look promising for next year.!!

Catch ya at Edition if i get my rubber sorted in time, later.

Pics.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/t.macdonald2/megameet3/

·
Super Moderator
50,259 Posts
Ooopppsss sorry,forgot to say well done to all the people who helped get it all together,doing all the barbeque stuff etc,Billing Aquadrome for hosting it and letting us use a top venue that is nice and central for everyone,and all the folks that donated prizes for the raffle.

Saturday night was a pleasent surprise as most of these type of events I got to turn into drunken orgies,everyone was very well behaved and went to bed nice and early at about midnight.

Chris.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ooopppsss sorry,forgot to say well done to all the people who helped get it all together,doing all the barbeque stuff etc,Billing Aquadrome for hosting it and letting us use a top venue that is nice and central for everyone,and all the folks that donated prizes for the raffle.

Saturday night was a pleasent surprise as most of these type of events I got to turn into drunken orgies,everyone was very well behaved and went to bed nice and early at about midnight.

Chris.
Me and cat1.4 were up till gone 2am!!, drunk yes but very well behaved :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Big thanks to Tabs, Jimmy, Cat and everyone else for such a great saturday night camping, although 1am was it for me. As always, I was made to feel very welcome and it`s a pleasure to be part of this community. Also a big thank you to Emma and Bob for cooking the food [Y] you deserve a well earned rest now.

Great cars, great company and not a drop of rain.......cannot get any better than that.

Thanks again everyone for such a great weekend.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Saturday afternoon silver anni had a problem with his rear lights jimmy came over and spent ages cleaning up the connections then others, sorry can't remember everyones name also helped took the lights out fitted seals that wern't there,got them all fixed.Its that sort of thing where everyone helps each other out makes this group the best.Also the advertisers who came along & supported the show Revo,VW drivers mag its good to get a chance to talk to people face to face.Mike from VW Speed who decided to come at the last minute even buying the camping equipment at tesco's on the way !  a very brave man to camp after driving from Norfolk in his golf with those alloy seats with hardly any padding in them. 

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
What a fantastic day, thanks to everyone involved with organising it.

Nice to see the show and shine award on its way to Himley! Well done Rob

Nice to put a few more faces to names as always

Sorry to all who wanted the miless til empty done, the laptop is being looked at tomorrow![:$] I will be in touch and sort some dates out

John

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.