Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Mega-meet 2011 Yes or No = NO !!!!

13K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  danny_sims 
#1 ·
Have heard a few rumours this isnt happening this year. Anyone else ???

#7 ·
Id love a mega meet than any other meet as itll be all us that have helped each other in the past and just to shake chris's hand because dude u helped me in my low days of door module failures and his audio guides and facts.
he endless amount of gorgeous mk4's and boras that we all been reading build threads about in one meet.... i dont get to do any shows as i work too much wid 2 jobs but id give up my weekend fir a uk-mkiv event.

#14 ·
Bad news I'm afraid folks. There won't be a megameet this year after all.

Tabs will be confirming this tomorrow. It seems that time hasn't been on our side in order to locate a new venue.

I know this will be a disappointment to a lot of you but let's make the next one the biggest ever.

#17 ·
I hope there is one this year,just to prove that the members can support something that supports it,especially after last years pitiful turn out.We had more cars at the Guidford meet in january by a factor of about 2 to 1 then last years mega meet

Chris.
+1

Yes all the Mega Meets have been awesome, with the exception of last years one in that lots of people did not turn up. Those that did made it a great weekend, but it was a real down that so many people didn't bother to show.

And I hope that doesn't stop anymore megameets from happening in the future.

#25 ·
Yes I can confirm we're having a break this year with the Mega Meet.

It'll give us the time to plan for next year plus be able to generate interest early enough. Also with the increasing amount of shows on the calendar we want to make sure we've got a good weekend chosen to hold the show on. The last two years have seen the Awesome Detailed bash held on the same weekend and a lot of people end up sacking off the Mega Meet and go there instead. So I'd rather avoid that happening again.

That said we're at nearly every major show this year anyway so there's no reason why we can't leverage those events to meet up at etc.

Inters was a perfect example of this.

So, to recap - No Mega Meet this year. Returning next year bigger and better [Y]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.