Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Mega-meet 2011 Yes or No = NO !!!!

13K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  danny_sims 
I hope there is one this year,just to prove that the members can support something that supports it,especially after last years pitiful turn out.We had more cars at the Guidford meet in january by a factor of about 2 to 1 then last years mega meet

Chris.
+1

Yes all the Mega Meets have been awesome, with the exception of last years one in that lots of people did not turn up. Those that did made it a great weekend, but it was a real down that so many people didn't bother to show.

And I hope that doesn't stop anymore megameets from happening in the future.

that seriously happened?
Yep, that's because the R32 lot actually turned up when they said they would.

probably 70% of the people that put their names down for the mega meet didn't even bother to show which is probably one of the reasons one hasn't been organised this year.

Quick idea towards "bigger and better" and new location next meet, combine it with a 1/4mile day.

Plenty of people wanting to go to this and although I've not had time to look at organising one this year I may do in the future. I seem to remember Shakespear county saying that they had camping facilities.

As I said, just an idea.
I like that idea!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.