Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a fruitless search of bristol and the south coast looking at Mk4's, which if I'm entirely honest really did not float my boat and pretty much put me off buying a mk4, we then came across one on Ebay of all places!

So off we went on Thursday night to go see what we thought would be another unloved Mk4!

Got there just before it got dark thank god and as soon as i pulled up next to the car I knew I had to have it [:p]

So meet dylon [:)]

He's a 150 Gt TDI pretty much exactly what I was after but minus the leather interior - You can't win them all [:$][;)]

2 owners from new with 50000 miles and full VAG service history.

Owner I just bough him off has obviously done some mods so he's got a genuine R32 bodykit, R32 Wheels R32 Exhaust and R32 Brakes and suspension - Hope i dont get a slating from the R32 owners on here [:$]. I certainly dont intend to badge it up as a R32!

I've never driven a 150 TDi golf but I certainly was not dissapointed what a fantastic engine! I loved the two hour drive home I just wanted to keep going!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
857 Posts
really nice car, i looked at the pics before i read anything and thought to myself "nice R32" its been done really well [Y]

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
we was looking at that car on ebay! my mate really liked it and was going to bid but it was sold!

well done - i really like it!!

glad the car has been sold to someone on the forum!

are they genuine r32 wheels?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks golfzzin [:)] in the last pic of the rear end you can prob just make out the really one and only nasty problem with the paintwork and thats there is a rather nasty scratch along the tailgate on one side but were looking into getting the R32 spolier for the tailgate and when thats being painted getting that scratch sorted to.

Hope to also get it revo'd been looking on the forum at all the revo talk and heard many good things about what they can do. So we may possibly get that sorted or we might take it to my friends garage up around gloucetser way as they know alot about tuning Mk4 Diesels and they run one in the VW cup so we may get them to take and look at it and see if they can work some magic on it [:p]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we was looking at that car on ebay! my mate really liked it and was going to bid but it was sold!

well done - i really like it!!

glad the car has been sold to someone on the forum!

are they genuine r32 wheels?
Yeah everything is Genuine R32 (what ever car it came from it was a blue one cause theres a mark on one of the bumpers and you can see a spec of blue paint underneath the black!)

Guy who did it all said he went and got it all professionally fitted and TBH we cant fault it and my B/f is a picky chap who can spot a fault a mile off [:$]

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
blimey your a veedub girl!! didnt even notice your forum name!!

a remap would certainly transform the performance! the 150s are rapid as it is!!

any mods in the pipeline?

some xenons, aero wipers and black badges would just finish the exterior off!!

one of the best tasteful replicas i have seen! mirrors, brakes etc - all done properly!!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
were looking into getting the R32 spolier for the tailgate and when thats being painted getting that scratch sorted to.
Nice purchase, I hope you enjoy it.

If your after a spoiler a friend has a primed original R32 spoiler but no longer has a MK4, I'll ask what price they would like for it, if your interested in saving a few pennies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blimey your a veedub girl!! didnt even notice your forum name!!

a remap would certainly transform the performance! the 150s are rapid as it is!!

any mods in the pipeline?

some xenons, aero wipers and black badges would just finish the exterior off!!

one of the best tasteful replicas i have seen! mirrors, brakes etc - all done properly!!
lol Yes I am a girlie lol but one who has been modding and into dubs for over a decade now lol. Previously I've had a string of MKII and MKIII gti's and couple of mk1's and a caddy chuck in along the way for good measure lol.

Deffo looking into getting a xenon kit and those areo wipers - You read my mind lol Whats with the black badges? Sorry I'm very new to the mk4 scene [:$]

I recently just got rid of my pride and joy mk3 VR6 Highline to make way for the MK4 - I just wanted something a little more practical and economical hence why I went for the TDi and got a newer one to ge the cheaper tax!

Heres My old VR6;

Posted Image

Nice purchase, I hope you enjoy it.

If your after a spoiler a friend has a primed original R32 spoiler but no longer has a MK4, I'll ask what price they would like for it, if your interested in saving a few pennies.
Yes deffo let me know if he wants to sell it as I'm on the hunt for one at the mo and need a geniune one to go with the rest of the car [:)]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hummm yes I'm liking the look of them as well and BTW your car looks stunning [H]

Ahh well there goes my plan of not doing anything to it, Dont know what it is about modifying cars once your start you just cant stop lol

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
thanks!

yep i know - these forums just make you spend money!!
thankfully, for you, yours is nearly there - just needs some
little mods to make it "your little baby" so to speak!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well someone else from Weston, nice looking car, will have to keep an eye out. Sounds like a simlilar story to me, I was after a black tdi150 with leather, in the end I had to settle for good ole cloth and no r32 kit unfortunatley.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well someone else from Weston, nice looking car, will have to keep an eye out. Sounds like a simlilar story to me, I was after a black tdi150 with leather, in the end I had to settle for good ole cloth and no r32 kit unfortunatley.
Ahh Cool another local person to me.

TBH I'm actually quite happy with my cloth interior the cars in such good condition it kinda makes up for the lack of cow inside lol.

Hopefully we'll see you around. I should be changing my number plate soon to VIW 3777 but thats as long as DVLA dont mess me about as I'm having problems getting off my 16v Mk2 at the mo

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Very nice! Very jealous as I'm looking for a GT TDI 150 3 door myself at the moment and there just aren't that many good examples around! Enjoy it, looks superb! [:)]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very Very nice.

I think i recodnise that MK3 aswell, were you on the VR6 owners club forums ?????

This was mine when I was on there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts